Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Reflections


Its time for those Sunday Reflections!

As usual, you need some music:



-Sorry that I didn’t have an MMA Review for you this past Friday. This was the last week of my semester and I had a lot of work due. I promise to have one for this Friday and you’re going to love the Crush of the Day that connects with it. She actually may be hotter than Gina Carano. The hint is that her nickname does include a variation of the word “hot.” Discuss

-Speaking of which, this semester is over for me and I’m happy yet kinda sad about it in only one way. I appreciate the time off and want to work on some me time, but I do miss seeing my classmates. I really don’t mind going to class most of the time because I’m learning and also it’s a way for me to see my friends. All of us are going our separate ways for the holidays and that’s a bummer a little.

-I have some of my friends graduating from my program this Friday and one of them, Chris is heading back home to Louisiana. I’m reaching that stage that friends are going to start leaving and that’s going to make me sad. A bunch of us are graduating in May and we’re all going to go get jobs around the country and I won’t see them often anymore.

I will shed a tear because that’s how I roll.

-So Sam Bradford won the Heisman. Honestly, I stopped caring about this award a long time ago when guys like Joe Hamilton and Tommie Frazier didn’t get it. I usually check online or watch the news and see who won. I haven’t watched that drawn out made-for-TV ceremony on ESPN for years. No interest. However, for the record, I was going for Colt McCoy. I guess Tebow got the most first-place votes, so I guess this works like the electoral college when someone like Al Gore can win the popular vote yet get the election stolen from him from someone like George Bush. Not that I’m bitter about that or anything.

I guess the whole what party do I usually support mystery is out at this stage.

The thing I didn’t like is how people left Tebow off of their ballot. I can understand going for Bradford or McCoy or even Harrell over Tebow but to leave Tim off the ballot is a joke. I guess you had those people who think that he shouldn’t win the award two times but that’s dumb.

-Some Incubus:



-I left a message on my Facebook last night that my “Tapout” needed to end. For those of you not familiar with this concept, look it up on the blog.

However after some thoughts and reflections, I know that the Tapout is definitely over. It needs to end. First, I have needs. Second, I’ve been patient enough and worked out some of my issues. Finally, I need to put myself out there some more.

I’m going to be smarter this time around and not put out there everytime I interact with a woman but you will keep it honest with y’all when appropriate. E. Marcel is back out there and ladies, be prepared.

-I start learning French this week and am excited about it. I’ll tell y’all at some point what my second life improvement project will be and remember, it involves my fingers.

-What is Auburn football thinking? These coaching hires get more and more confusing by the day.

-This weekend, I rented the first season of one of one of my favorite shows ever, Wildboyz. I liked Jackass and loved Viva La Bam, but Wildboyz combined nature and stupidity to a level that will never be matched.

There were some clips that I forgot that made me laugh so hard this weekend, especially the stuff with snakes and birds. I loved that show so much.

-I was in or at the laundry, don’t know which one is grammatically correct, and I saw these two hipsters who were rocking some sweet beards and cowboy boots on a Sunday morning. Tremendous look that I wish that I could pull off. Anyway, I saw them with a New York Times reading it page by page. Who says that print journalism is dead?

-Another note, there was this really cute blond at the laundry rocking the glasses. Ladies, I’m telling you, glasses are such an underrated look.

-People want to be disappointed that Vanderbilt is going to a bowl game for the first time in a generation but will be playing in Nashville. I kinda get that but I thought about this during the week. The Arizona Cardinals have won their first division in nearly 30 years and are going to host their first playoff game since the mid-1940’s. They won an awful division, the NFC West, and will probably lose their playoff game but they have won a division and can now move on to bigger and better things.

Now that Vandy is going to a bowl, it will no longer have to answer the constant questions of when the team will reach that goal. Even if they don’t make another bowl for another 25 years, which is inexcusable, BTW, at least they made this one.

-Some people have been arguing who is hotter, Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox. Its no contest, Angelina kicks Megan’s ass. Fox is cute but extremely overrated.

-That’s all from me. Time to get some rest and watch some CSI: NY and Boston Legal repeats. No promises on post topics or Crushes this week. I will flow with the week.

Finally, watching Wildboyz made me think of an excellent band, HIM. Here’s a song of theirs to ride out to. Good fight, good night.


No comments: