Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Top-Five Favorite Christmas Songs, Part II


Hey, sorry for not posting my Christmas content yesterday, but stuff got in the way.

I’m going to list my favorite Christmas songs from number 4-2 and post my favorite one tomorrow morning on Christmas.

#4: U2 with It’s Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)



I like U2 and this is a catchy tune. When I worked in a retail store during the holiday season a few years ago and it was brutal. This was one of the songs that we played in our music rotation that I actually liked. The annoying part about this was that I had to listen to Christmas songs from early November to Christmas Eve.

When we opened the store the day after Christmas, I was so happy because we didn’t have to play Christmas music anymore, glory to the highest. Another annoying thing about this time of year was when people would return items and get pissed at me that the person that gave the gift to them got the wrong item, whether it was size or color or whatever. Don’t get mad at me that your daughter got you an extra large when you need a 2X shirt.

#3: Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC



This was a good song back home in the NYC because it was a rap song that tied into the true feelings of Christmas for young cats like me during that time. We can all remember eating collard greens and fried chicken during this time of year. Good song.

Tie for #2: David Bowie and Bing Crosby with Little Drummer Boy



Such an odd pairing but it works. This is a classic song that you have to respect during this time of the year.

Silent Night by the Temptations



This song brings back so many memories. My mother would play this for me when we were decorating the house or preparing the Christmas tree. I would even finalize my list for Santa, get the milk out and the cookies and it was on.

What are your favorite songs? What do you think my #1 song is? I’ll give you a clue, its by an American male. That’s it. Tomorrow, you will get my top song and memories of Christmas’ past.

No comments: