Monday, December 8, 2008

Loving Boston Legal




You know, tonight I was supposed to be working on a major term paper for one of my classes, but that will have to be put on hold because I’m currently watching the final ever episode of Boston Legal. Tremendous show, always must watch TV for me.

Of course, the stars of the show are Alan Shore and Denny Crane. Shirley Schmidt was a solid addition to the show as well. However, Shore and Crane carried that show.

It was a stretch for me seeing James Spader as Shore at first but he has dominated that role. Also, if you told me that the first association that I’ll ever have with William Shatner would be Denny Crane and not Star Trek, I would have told you to go smack your momma!

There have been so many great memories of the show. The thing that I appreciated more than anything is that they would take serious issues like abortion, human rights, war, things like that and made them tangible to the viewer. I’ve actually watched some episodes and would make me think about how I was living my life.

The show was also funny, which is hard to do on a drama based on a law firm.

Plus, it introduced me to her:



I think the show peaked about two years ago personally but still liked watching it now.

I’m glad that the show is going out right now instead of sticking around for another year or two and getting bad. It has the look of that maybe happening if it wasn’t stopped now.

Funny that while I’m typing this post, I see a preview for the new season of Scrubs starting on ABC in January.

Look, this one is personal for me because I LOVE Scrubs, but I kinda don’t want to see it come back.

That sounds harsh for someone who cherishes the show but the past year and a half have left me underwhelmed. Maybe it was J.D. having the baby or Elliot running away from marring Keith, I just don’t know.

Maybe it was the fact that the show has been written for the last year as if it was coming towards an end and now its back. True, I get to see her more often, but still:



When Scrubs comes back on air, I’ll watch it because I’m loyal but it better be strong.

So, while I head into the second hour of the Boston Legal finale, which TV shows in your viewing life were on too long like for me Scrubs or are leaving at the right time like Boston Legal? Your comments are welcomed.

For now, here’s a tribute to the best duo on television:



No comments: