Saturday, December 20, 2008

MMA Review








Sorry for the MMA Review being a day late. First, the Crush of the Day is the Karate Hottie, aka Michelle Waterson.



Yeah, she’s not ugly and can actually fight. She’s been with Strikeforce and will probably stick with them. I first remember her from Fight Girls on the Oxygen network and have been a fan ever since. Let’s get to my thoughts:

-I wish I had more to say about this last season of the Ultimate Fighter on Spike which ended last Saturday. I’ve actually a fan of Frank Mir and Nogueria and wanted to support the show but after watching the actions of Junie Browning I stopped watching. I’m sure that they’re were some talented fighters on the show and I did catch some of the finale and liked what I saw but I was tired of seeing drunken stupidity take place.

I want to see the fighting and that’s all. These guys are professionals who are practice their craft and the bastardization of it by people like Junie is disgusting. Furthermore, when he is awarded with getting a fight on TV on the finale, what can I say.

-Looking very forward to the Ultimate 2008 show next Saturday by the UFC. My full preview will be next week, but right now, I’m leaning towards Rampage, Mir and Griffin.

-The Japanese MMA promoters surely know how to kick off a new year with their annual New Year’s Eve shows. The Crocop vs. Man Choi fight will be a spectacle and seeing Sakuraba fight is always cool.

-Watch out for Bobby Lashley. He won his first fight this week and he was a former WWF champion. He has the physical skills and background to be a good fighter.

-Tito Ortiz needs to seriously decide if he’s going to fight at all and choose a company. Now he’s being a commentator for the Affliction show in January, which is cool and all, but don’t tease fans with talking about fighting again. Just retire, focus on business and keep it moving.

That’s all for now. Your feedback is welcome. Remember to check out Pro MMA at http://promma.info/

Some MMA highlights:





No comments: