Monday, December 8, 2008

Sunday Reflections (on a Monday)


Well people, sorry you’re getting my Sunday Reflections on a Monday but the internet was down so what can you do accept just keep it moving.

You know I need to provide you with some music and I’m going old school with some Peter Frampton. Look, I know that some ok many of you give Frampton crap but he was and still is a good musician with some excellent songs. This selection may be out of left field but give it a shot.

BTW, it’s in two parts, so play the top video first and then the below video second:





On to the Reflections:

-I am in the final stages of completing a portfolio for my graduate assistantship for this semester. I now understand why these have the most emotional few months of my life. Especially after reading some old posts of this blog, I can see how some of you have been worried about me. The amount of workload that I’ve done at my internship combined with school has been overwhelming. However, I’m glad that I’ve made it through this. Tough times test our resolve and even though I’ll have more challenging times in the future, if I can work though this semester, I can make it through anything.

-However, this does remind me to continue to believe in my mantras and my morals. Some of you laughed at my list of beliefs from a few weeks ago. Here they are again for the new readers:

-Be a bastard but not an a-hole
-Be nice but not a pussy…cat
-Enjoy life and accept you
-Remember my tapout (long-time readers know what I mean)
-Don’t accept another’s bulls*it
-No complaints/No excuses
-You deserve nothing

And finally…

-One moment, one meal, one life at a time

Ever since I’ve keep these in my life, especially “no complaints/no excuses,” I’ve felt so much better.

I suggest that each of you list about five mantras like I have above and read them everyday and try to live by them. You will fail at times and that’s fine because failure is a good thing, you can’t run away from it and you must accept it.

You will fail to achieve many of your goals in life but if you set them high and don’t reach them, at least you’re close to achieving something great.

I’m available for motivational speeches for hire if you need them. I do corporate events, locker room pep talks, pre-scholastic test mentoring, stand up comedy. I’ll even talk down to your kids and depress them for you if given fair compensation. You know where to find me. My pay rate and evens are flexible.

-Congrats to Vandy going to the Music City Bowl, which is cool because I’ll actually get to see them play since I’m working at the game. I know that fans wanted to head somewhere special for the bowl game like Memphis, Atlanta, Florida, etc., but when you haven’t been to a bowl game in 26 years, you take what you can get.

I do know that its going to be a struggle to get people to come to the game, especially from Boston College, a school that traditionally doesn’t travel well to bowl games.

More analysis of this game as it gets closer.

-Forgot to mention this last week, but no one in my family asked me if I’m dating anyone or really got on me about my job search after I graduate in May during this past Thanksgiving season. I was actually looking forward to answering these questions. I guess they’ve realized that I’m going to just live my life and keep it moving.

-Thanks to Meggie for showing her appreciation for my music selections. They are fun to put into my posts. Sometimes I try to tie it into the subject of the post, sometimes it’s a random song like Frampton tonight. If you have any suggestions for my musical selections, please tell me.

-On that note, if you have any suggestions for subjects that I should discuss on the blog, please tell me those as well. I’ll write about almost anything.

-That’s all for the Reflections. This week will be a tough one to post because I’m wrapping up the semester and have some projects and papers due. But here’s a tentative schedule:

Monday: An ode to Boston Legal, which is ending on Monday night, and about a show that is coming back in January that I love but may not want to see again.

Tuesday: NFL Review

Wednesday: Cleaning out the Links

Thursday: Wildcard

Friday: MMA Review

Saturday: Freestyle rap session or dance off, your choice

Good fight, good night.

No comments: