Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crush of the Day and My Random Observation, I do like Hip Hop!



First, some music from Run DMC and my favorite song from them, Rock Box. The reason that I choose this song will be explained later, but for now, enjoy:



The Crush for tonight is Rebecca Herbst.



She plays nurse Elizabeth Webber on General Hospital, so this choice may be the most unfamiliar for most of you. However, if you’re a fan of the show, you know what’s up.

I’ve been a fan of hers for a long time and just find her adorable, not to mention hot. You have to watch the show to really appreciate Rebecca.

Going over my music selections for this blog, I’ve exposed you to all of my music tastes.

One moment I’m listening to Mars Volta and Tool and the next I’m playing Maxwell and Phish. I’ll blast some Minus the Bear and Massive Attack one night and then play Yes and Genesis the next. Sometimes Depeche Mode gets me in a chill mood, sometimes I listen to Daft Punk for hours.

However, besides a post with music from the Roots, there has been a lack of hip hop music. That’s unfortunate because while rap music isn’t my favorite type of music, there are plenty of rap music that I’ve enjoyed over the years.

I choose Rock Box by Run DMC because it was the first song that I heard my older brother played that made me like rap music because it had hard rock elements to it.

Oh, what the hell, here’s maybe my favorite rap song ever. I know it’s the baddest rhyme ever. LL, you my boy! I leave you with that. Good night because I got a gold name plate that says I wish you would! I take a muscle bound man and put his face in the sand! So many quotable lines from that song.

No comments: