Monday, December 8, 2008

Crush of the Day and Random Observations


You need some music, so enjoy some Depeche Mode:



I was going to name someone else as my Crush of the Day, but seeing how she is reportedly out of a job at ESPN, tonight, the honor goes to Stacey Dales.

She deserves it. First, she’s Canadian, which is solid. She did a decent job as an analyst for college basketball and the sideline reporting was ok and I say that because I find sideline reporters pointless for the most part.

She fits the age profile, which is good. Her cousin is also Jason Arnott.

Hopefully she’s forgiven me for dropping her from my bench for my top-five list. It was nothing personal.

On to Random Observations:

-I can’t stand the BCS and find bowls darn near pointless, accept for the Music City Bowl because one Vandy is in it and second, I’m working at it and its actually a fun time. However, Alabama vs. Utah? Really? Why not Texas vs. Alabama? Furthermore, Ohio State over Boise State? If this doesn’t prove that college athletics, especially at that level for football is a business, I don’t know what will.

-OJ Simpson is now going to jail. I don’t know whether to feel sad, not surprised, happy or everything in between.

-Kevin McHale is now running the Timberwolves as the head coach. If that isn’t a desperation call, then I just don’t know.

-Finally, I saw some pictures of an old college friend’s wedding on Facebook. Congrats Katie. Anyway, I saw the groom cake and was inspired. She’s a graduate of Vandy and he’s a graduate of Virginia, so the icing was a big “V” with one half black and gold and the other half was orange and blue. It looks tremendous.

I’m still set on having a groom pie in my wedding in 20 years and don’t intend to share it with the people attending the event. However, the bar has been set for me.

-That’s all peoples, time for some sleep. Long day tomorrow. Come out to see Belmont women’s basketball against Tennessee State tomorrow night at 7 p.m.

No comments: