Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Reflections

What’s going on, its time for those Reflections:

-I’ve been really felling the music group UNKLE lately and was bumping Lonely Soul and want to share it with you below. Just remember that knows that there is no secret to living just keep on walking and there is no secret to dying, just keep on flying.



-I voted on Thursday morning for the next President of the United States. I voted for the ticket that contains a White Man! It was a good feeling to exercise my right as a US Citizen and all but whoever wins the election, this country still has a lot of work to do. I’m looking forward to Tuesday night though. Hopefully my vote matters, if you know what I’m saying.

-Halloween was an interesting time for me. First, I decided weeks ago that I wasn’t even going to try to dress up and go out. As I stated here about a week ago, I’m over going out and hitting the town on a consistent basis. So you know I want no part of Halloween when everyone and their brother is out there. Furthermore, in this age of Facebook, I’ve already seen some pictures of some of my friends that were interesting to say the least. I didn’t want to be put in that position.

So I decided to give out candy because it’s a fun activity, I get to interact with happy children and it helps me make up for not being able to trick or treat as a kid. My mother wouldn’t let me go out there and get candy which I can kinda understand because we didn’t live in the nicest neighborhood.

The thing that always confused me was that I was also not allowed to give out candy to kids that would come to our home. It was so bad that I was told to be quiet and act like we weren’t home so that kids wouldn’t knock on our door. That was not fun at all.

So for the past few years, I have made a concerted effort to give children candy and make their time great.

I saw some cute kids and that was great, however, there were some older kids ruining the fun. If you’re older than 13 trick or treating, that shouldn’t be allowed. The bad part is that after I give candy to some little five year old who deserves candy, here comes these hooligan teenagers right behind them. That puts me in an awkward position. I can’t tell the teenagers no or maybe I should have. Your thoughts on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

-I had a pretty isolated week even by my standards this week, especially considering that I stayed in both Friday and Saturday night, which allowed me to watch some good basketball and great college football which was good.

The best part of my sports weekend was seeing Georgia Tech defeat Florida State and Georgia get the crap kicked out of them by Florida at the same time. The Jackets are now 7-2 and none of the fans, including myself had any idea of this happening. The Gators looked real good and this is going to give Vandy trouble this Saturday. Also, that Texas/Texas Tech game was great as well.

-If two out of my three favorite NFL teams faced each other in the Super Bowl, who would I go for. That’s easy, Giants over Titans and it isn’t even close. I adopted the Titans around 1999 when I started living here. The Giants are the team that made me fall in love with sports and influenced my life the most. Easy call.

-I’m caught up on all of my shows finally! I’m up to date on General Hospital which has been odd. I know some, ok all of you don’t watch this show but I have only one question for you? If you’re dating someone, you’re not married but engaged and expecting a baby and she is nine months pregnant, do you plan a wedding? Who does that? You can predict what happens. Robin goes into labor during the wedding, baby may be sick, potential bad times.

And I don’t want to hear from you really religious people out there saying that you have to be married to bring a child into the Earth. You should have thought about that before you starting having sex. Have the baby, get settled, wait about six months and then have the wedding.

-As much fun as being “tapped out” from dating has been, oh and trust me, spending everyday of my life working full-time and taking three graduate-level courses at the same time and working every weekend day has been a blast, there are still moments of lonliness at times. It’s only natural.

I always say that I’m too busy to date someone but that’s crap and anyone who tells you that is lying as well. If you meet someone that you like to be with, you will find a way to date them. You may not see them everyday and spend all of your time with them, but you would make an effort to date that person.

I think that people really say that to make themselves avoid the reality that they are lonely, have no one to spend time with and hide behind their school work or job or whatever for an excuse. I’m not throwing stones at a glass house or however that phrase goes, I’m in the same boat.

I like playing my video games, watching sports all day, going to class and my job but if I met someone that actually wanted to date me, I would sacrifice all of those things in a minute.

Unfortunately, I haven’t met anyone yet in my life that wanted to date me and I end up feeling like George Costanza below:



I thought about that clip watching Seinfeld one day and it always makes me laugh, no matter how bad I’m feeling because I understand where he is coming from and I think all of us have this feeling at least once in our lives as well.

This really isn’t a sympathy plea. I’m alone and have accepted it. I can die tomorrow and never experience love and if that was what was meant to be, I can’t fight that and have to take my fate. None of us can force anything that isn’t for us. I'm not perfect and no one is trying to date me.

Once you reach adulthood, you don’t deserve anything in your life. You don’t deserve the home you live in, the car you drive, the job that you have. You especially don’t deserve love and companionship. You have to live your life, work hard for what you want and hope for the best. You can die right after you read this post, you can be homeless in a moment.

One of the saddest things that I've seen in a long time is seeing a homeless man wash his clothes at my laundrymat. It depressed me and any of us can be that guy soon.

If you come across a companion that wants to spend time with you, consider yourself lucky and take advantage of it. Because the reality is that you will most likely go through your life with no one special to share it with and die in solitude.

That sounds cold but is the truth and since I’ve accepted this, I’ve had a clearer prospective of things in my life and been happier.

-This week, I’ll blog about some stuff. Have a good week and as always, good fight, good night.

No comments: