Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Reflections


Hey everyone, I’m tired as heck right now and want to relax, but there’s no way that I can miss Sunday Reflections.

If I seemed crankier than normal for those of you that interact with me is that I’ve been working a lot and not gaining enough “me time” to balance it out. Also, I’ve started not caring about catering to the demands of others. I don’t care if I’m liked or disliked as much as I used to.

There were times when I would always try to be the happy one and be jolly because I didn’t want people to dislike me. Now, I’m starting to let the inner anger come out of me and keeping it more honest and real with people. Some may look at this as cranky, but screw them.

I think that it took the Phillies winning the World Series and me starting to talk about how people deserve nothing in their lives, including love and happiness, that got me to this point and I’m happy about that.

The old me would be complaining about having the full-time job, taking graduate level courses, volunteering at various places to help my career but eliminate my free time, being single and without a girlfriend and let all of this affect me.

For those of you who have read this blog from the beginning, you got to see the old me and my bitching about dealing with the realities of life. You read about me pining for Joan even though she had a boyfriend, about me wanting to date Amber, about my lonliness, about not being happy with where I’m at. While this was good reading for you and a way for me to deal with these emotions, I’ve learned to not harp on that.

I’m not a complainer and if I have to grind out my life, then it will be done without an argument from me. If this makes me less nicer to people, then it will be.

I don’t like the path that my life is completely taking right now and I need to reevaluate some things and the good news is that I’m heading to the road this week on business and will have a lot of down time. This means more time for me to think and of course blog, which is something that I need to do a better job of.

In my NFL column last week, a reader named “Diesel” complained about the lack of insight that the post had. I was mad at first, but then I looked the post over and I did mail it in. I demand more from myself and you should do the same of me. I can’t promise you that every post on here will be great or make you think, but they will have my maximum effort.

This week, I want to really get back to having some well-thought out posts. I liked my last post on the Presidential Election because it made me work hard to express what I was trying to say. I want more of that.

However, here are some quick-hit thoughts to start off the week:

-Congrats to the Belmont women’s soccer team for winning the Atlantic Sun Tournament and making it to the NCAA Tournament. Great job. Furthermore, congrats to the women’s cross country team as well for getting the A-Sun title.

-Finally saw Juno last night. Gotta love NetFlix! I must say that I was kinda disappointed in it. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great like people were making it out to be. One thought came to mind throughout the whole movie. Condoms, people, condoms! They are so easy to use! They even give them out for free some places. Have the sex but protect yourself.

-On Friday, I stayed in and actually watched Smackdown and some WWE wrestling. Furthermore, I watched a DVD profiling Monday Night Raw and WCW Monday Night Nitro. Brought back so many memories. I spent the rest of the night looking up old wrestling videos on YouTube. Made me smile and laugh harder then I have done in months.

The schedule for posts this week is unsure at the moment. I know that I want to write on the following things:

-NFL Review
-The standards of college coaching. When Phil Fulmer and Ron Price get fired in the same week for essentially the same yet different reasons, it needs to be addressed
-MMA Review (I know that Nicole of REDvolutionary Warfare, doesn’t like it but it needs to come back). BTW, check out her blog, http://aredvolutionary.blogspot.com/. If you want some good commentaries on the state of our society, she will give it to you.
-An updated top-five women list. I actually want to take an idea that The People’s Champion suggested and have a Crush of the Day where I discuss a woman that I’m feeling right now. Stay tuned.
-Another sports post. I need to write more about sports. Maybe something on wrestling.

That is all. No music for you tonight…kidding, can’t do that to you. Here’s some Massive Attack:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcel,

I read Diesel's comments. I still love you and you will always be my number one Belmont media guide man.

Sports love,
Josh