Monday, November 17, 2008

College coaches getting fired

College coaches have been getting fired since the beginning of time. Unless you’re someone like Mike Krzezewski, Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno, you’re not going to get kicked out of your job. However, for everyone else, its possible. This has become even more clear this season in college football.

When people like Tommy Bowden, Tyrone Willingham, Phil Fulmer, Greg Robinson, Ron Prince and some others are feeling the wrath. At first, I used to really feel sorry for these guys because first, no one likes to get fired.

However, I thought about it and these guys know the business that they’re getting into. You have to expect an extra level of scrutiny when so much money is involved.

And that’s really the essence of the problem/reality. All of these guys may be good guys, professionals who are great with their players but for some reason, none of them met the standards of winning at their schools according to their bosses.

Everyone wants their team to win but at what cost.

I know this post sucks but I promised someone that I would address college coaching and this is the best that I can come up with for now. I promise that my Crush of the Day and What I learned today will make up for it.

No comments: