Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Reflections


What’s going on everyone. Some music from Minus the Bear to listen to while you read.



First, major apologies for not writing as much on this blog as I promised. I was on the road for work and had to take care of that along with schoolwork, which was lame but had to be done.

However, being on the road was an excellent time for me to reflect on my life and where its going. I’m not going to get into massive details about some changes and focuses that I want to put into my life but they are positive. I had some thoughts like improving my diet, being healthier, improve my career, stuff like that. I even came up with some messages to remind me of these thoughts. Want to hear some, here you go:

-Be a bastard but not an a-hole
-Be nice but not a pussy…cat
-Enjoy life and accept you
-Remember my tapout (long-time readers know what I mean)
-Don’t accept another’s bulls*it
-No complaints/No excuses
-You deserve nothing

And finally…

-One moment, one meal, one life at a time

There are several more but you get the idea.

The main thought that I ended up taking from the trip was that I don’t spend enough time on myself. I work so hard and this isn’t an excuse or complaint because I chose this life to life. I like work and I like school but I’m getting to the point where I don’t like either one because I spend so much time on both of them.

This is just like the statement about pizza I heard from somebody or saw in a movie, no idea. Almost everyone likes pizza and its cool to have it. However, if you have it everyday, you will start to not like it and begin hating it.

I like my job and I like school but I also have to like myself, if that makes sense.

It wasn’t a good trip because the team lost but I was happy to get away from Nashville for a few days and contemplate some stuff.

OK, on to normal Reflections.

-When interacting with people in my life, I’m starting to realize that I’m starting to not really care about their lives. There are exceptions such as hearing about the spawn of the People’s Champion, interacting with Amber or hearing Joan curse all during a class and things like that. However, I really don’t care about you that much. I don’t want to hear about your kid, I don’t care about your fantasy team, actually take that back, I do care about the fantasy, I don’t care about how drunk you got that night, I don’t care about your boyfriend/girlfriend/lover, you get the idea. I used to be the guy who would be a great listener but I’m tired of hearing all of that stuff.

-Congrats to Vanderbilt finally getting a sixth win in football and going to a bowl. But several thoughts. I don’t want to hear one damn congrats from somebody about it. I didn’t make a tackle, throw or catch a ball. I can’t stand it when fans play the “we” card. You didn’t do a damn thing.

The wins are nice and it will promote the school but the reality is that the team stunk for the past 25 years and was playing at an unacceptable level. Fans will say that the followers of the team deserve this moment of glory, but this isn’t true. Fans, including myself, don’t have to follow the team. You can choose to put your support to another team that wins more, being a fan is optional.

I feel happy for the team and that’s it.

-I feel compelled to write about an interaction that I had with a girl that I mention here quite often but you don’t want to hear about that crap, so I’m going to keep it moving.

-Time for me to get to my Crush of the Day, who is another member of my top-five.


Maria Menunos…solid contributor to the team.

-I’m frickin done with Arsenal for this season. How do you win at Manchester United last Saturday and then play like dogs against Villa at home this week. Embarassing!

-I really need to catch up on my television from the past few weeks. So if you watch One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Chuck, The Game, The Office, General Hospital, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Life on Mars, Entourage or Boston Legal, don’t talk to be about these shows for the next week until I get caught up.

-OK, that’s all for tonight. Here’s the schedule of posts for this week, including clues on who my Crush of the Day will be. All of the Crushes have been mentioned more than one on my blog…

Monday: Coaches getting fired in college football and the crush is a musical artist
Tuesday: NFL Review and the crush is an actress who shares a common interest with me and has two family members who are famous musicians
Wednesday: College basketball preview and the crush plays a major role in my favorite show on Sunday nights but doesn’t appear as herself.
Thursday: Cleaning out the Links and this actress is rumored to be currently involved with an NBA player who just won a gold medal in the Olympics and she is from Nebraska
Friday: MMA Review and I have two crushes for this day. One of them is prominently involved in MMA and the other one is an athlete
Saturday: Updated top-five. It’s time.
Sunday: Reflections

Good fight, good night and more MTB:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Vandy Win. We finally did it.

Anonymous said...

Marcel!!! I've been thinking about you!!