Thursday, November 20, 2008

Crush of the Day and Random Observations- November 19


Hey peoples, sorry for getting this in so late but I was out with some friends celebrating a birthday and mayhem and drama took place. Actually it was a quiet night overall where I had a beer and watched soccer highlights for two hours, excellent times. And that’s not sarcasm, it was really fun.

First, some music. I’m been bumping this song all day!



Love this collabo. Anyway, as a result of that, I’m not up for doing an NCAA basketball preview to the extent that you should get. I’ll have some time this weekend to do it. I’ll probably have North Carolina winning the whole thing anyway.

But for now, we can get to our Crush of the Day, Mila Kunis!



Besides the fact that she’s hot, she was a major reason to watch That 70’s Show which is shockingly now re-watchable in syndication. I make sure to catch at least one episode a night if I’m home.



Furthermore, she is the voice of Meg Griffin on probably my favorite show on today and top-10 all-time for me.

See, for you to make the Crush list for me, you have to have some diversity to your game besides being attractive. I can just pick some supermodels and say that they’re hot, but that’s not productive. She has to bring more to the table like Mila does with the voiceover work and her acting. Crap, I almost forgot that she was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, one of my favorite movies of the past few years and she looked amazing in that.


Yeah, nice indeed. Lets see, she’s 25, perfect age for me, born in the Ukraine and is fluent in Russian. I can do without her dating Macauley Culkin since 2002. If he was smart, he would put a ring on her before I moved in. Also, she’s down with online gaming. She might be the perfect girl for me. If she likes sports, then it’s a wrap. I’m quitting the job and school and moving to the coast to meet her.




OK, now for my Random Observations:

1) I need to diversify my game. This section will serve as an announcement of something that I want to do to improve my overall being. I want to learn a new language. English is fine and all, but I always feel bad when I confront my friends who are bilingual and want to be like them.

I can only learn one at a time, but I’ve narrowed my first one down to three choices. They are Spanish, Italian and French. I know that all three are European and I should throw an Asian language in there but here’s why I want to do one of these three.


For Spanish, it’s the one that would be the most useful. It’s the most common foreign language that I confront and I think if you are going to be a good American, you should at least comprehend this language when so many of your fellow citizens are speaking it. It would also be good for potential international business I want to get involved in. In fact, if I got a job somewhere like US Soccer, I would have to learn the language anyway. Plus, Spanish women. The positive for this one is that I have retained some Spanish after taking it for so many years in school. Thinks like numbers and minor terms are already known.

For Italian, I’ve just always been intrigued by the language and how it sounds. I like the flow of it. I took Latin for years and have retained a little of it so Italian would be tough but not impossible to get for me. Plus, Italian women.

For French, this one would be the most personal. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I have a very French sounding name because I have French roots. My entire father side of the family is from Martinique. However, divorce, living with my mother, yada yada yada, I don’t know French at all. Even when I speak with my father, who is fluent, its like a missing part of my life. I’m proud of my heritage but I’m not showing it. I feel embarrassed when someone learns that my real first name is Etienne or even when they call me Marcel and suddenly speak in French and I can’t respond. I want to change that. I’m not a big fan of the language and my base in it is very low, but it would be nice. Plus, wait for it, French women.

I would love to hear which language I should learn because I plan to pick up a book and/or audio CD on Sunday at the bookstore to learn one of them.

Leave your vote in the comments section and I’ll tell you which one I choose in my next Sunday Reflections which will be this upcoming Sunday.

Until then, as always, good fight, good night and here’s some Minus the Bear below to take you home.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penso che lei dovrebbe scegliere lo spagnolo. È una lingua divertente e lei può sentire che i camerieri dicono di lei quando lei è a un ristorante messicano. Amo mangiare i capelli di fagioli e cavallo.