Saturday, November 29, 2008

MMA Review




What’s going on everyone. Sorry for not having the MMA Review up yesterday, this weekend has been a tough time for me to post because I’m spending time with the family like someone normally should.

It’s weird, the more time I’m on the road for work, the more time I have to blog. You will see in the spring of 2009 when I’m on the road for baseball season. I’ll blog like a champ. However, the more time I actually spend with friends and family, the blogging becomes less.

It was actually a relatively slow week in the MMA world for me to discuss. The only thing that I maybe can address was the Jon Fitch situation with the UFC. Long story short, they had a dispute over a signed contract in relation to licensing for a video game, the UFC kicked Fitch and the rest of the fighters of his gym, American Kickboxing Academy. However, all was settled, so there isn’t really much to talk about.

OK, I can think of one MMA related thing that I had today. I was shopping for clothes today, which I really don’t like doing. I’ll get into that more in my Reflections tomorrow.

Anyway, next to my favorite place to shop was a MMA clothing store. I’ve never seen this before and walked in and was intrigued. They had the usual stuff from TapOut, Warrior, One More Round, Sprawl, Team Punishment, etc. However, they didn’t have any Affliction or Extreme Couture items. I wonder if they don’t have it because of the beef that the UFC has with Affliction, I would hope not.

I will say this, they need some better clothes for the big boys out there. All of the shirts were in smedium (yes, that’s a word) and the shorts were small as well. Not nice.

That’s it. The Crush for today is Gina Carano, aka Crush. See, Crush is my Crush! Get it?

OK, here’s MMA Live from ESPN this week:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I notice you are from Nashville. (me too although i live close to Clarksville now) I also noticed that you are a fan of MMA. I am the Editor of PRO MMA at http://promma.info I would be interested in chatting with you about possibly writing for us and maybe covering some local events if you are interested. You can reach me at info@promma.info Thank you.