Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crush of the Day and Random Observations




First, the Crush of the Day is someone who has bounced in and out of my top-five since its inception. It’s Ciara.

She’s 23, which fits into my age requirement. I can do without the middle name of Princess, I’m not down with that. She’s from Atlanta, which is solid. The main negative that she has and the reason that she was bounced from my top-five was her dating Bow Wow.



I can’t stand that dude, However, he’s actually been decent on Entourage this season, so my dislike for him has lessened.

She’s not a bad actress and I even watched all of All You’ve Got, a coming-of-age movie about women’s volleyball she starred in that was on MTV for about a week and it didn’t suck, so congrats to her for pulling that off.

Furthermore, her videos for Goodies was solid, she looked maybe her best in Like You even though four foot five Bow Wow was in it, Get Up was solid and Promise, my goodness, the video for Promise. It’s below:



Anyway, I’m a fan.

I’m going to try a new segment called Random Observations, which is my version of What I Learned Today. Let’s begin:

1) We have to hydrate our babies. I was speaking with someone who has a newborn baby and I was talking with him about the hydration of the kid. I suggested that we start giving him about a bottle of water a day, however, he told me that the baby only drinks breast milk. This is unacceptable. I know that the baby can’t drink a gallon of water a day like I do, but the kid needs to start somewhere. Also, formula should be a viable option for this situation if it improves the hydration.

2) I was walking to the gym today and saw a custodian and said “good morning, how are you doing?” She responded with “I’m here.” I was taken aback by this statement. I know that your day may not be off to a good start, but at least give me a “I’m doing well.” I know that I preach here to keep it honest and to truly express how you feel, but that doesn’t apply to general greetings.

3) Egg Nog is back and I’m loving it. One of the great benefits of this time of year is the return/reemergence of Egg Nog. I remember not even drinking the stuff as a kid but for some reason when I reached my early 20’s I started drinking the stuff and love it. I got some Kroger brand this weekend and it was OK. I like Southern Comfort personally and some others. I’ll have to get back to you on the rest of them.

4) I learned that Brady Quinn is hot, according to the ladies. I was watching the Monday Night football game tonight with two girls I know fairly well. One of them mentioned that they had a girlfriend who was in love with Quinn. I was confused by this and asked both of them if they thought Quinn was hot and both of them gave me strong affirmatives. I don’t see it and I’ll acknowledge if a guy is attractive. Like, I understand why women like Tom Brady. He’s a good looking guy. But according to my two lady friends, Quinn may be hotter. Then one of them threw out Brodie Croyle and I had to leave the room. I will never acknowledge someone with Bama Bangs as being attractive.

5) One of the women mentioned in my last thought was rocking a pretty sweet scarf that she actually made. I need to get my scarf game up. That piece of clothing is an underrated item to wear and has many benefits. I used to look like a Mack back in the day with my shirt, tie, dress pants and scarf with a skull sweater cap. That was my look back in high school and I looked sharp. This needs to return.

BTW, the scarf wearer is a reader of the blog and she has looked outstanding the last two times that I’ve seen her. I’ve always been a fan but wow. If she’s reading this, I approve and she make a scarf for me anytime.


OK, that’s it kids, gotta get some sleep. Until then, good fight, good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Facebook message, I always get a good laugh reading your blog ;)