Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunday Reflections


What is going on people! Good, very relaxing weekend. Caught up on all of my TV accept for General Hospital, so you know the drill. If you see me and know anything about the show from the last two weeks, don’t say anything to me about it.

Anyway, its time for those Sunday Reflections and I’ve got plenty of them for this edition.

-I was in the laundry today and saw one of the most mismatched couples I’ve seen in a long time. This guy clearly outkicked his coverage by a major distance. The guy looked like Dwight from The Office and he was with this cute, petite blond. He brought his laptop AND hard drive and was cutting some music or something because while he was working on the laptop, she was listening to the music on headphones. Furthermore, she had on one of his grey sweatshirts and the thing was double her size, so that confirmed their couple status. They were all cuddled up the whole time.

Actually, I shouldn’t say that he overachieved because they did look cute together. She was just hot and he was so dorky looking, but sometimes that’s what works for couples. Plus, she was rocking the sweatshirt, that’s such an underrated hot look for women.

Speaking of that…

-I’ve always been a fan of the high black boots, short dress look on women and have had desires for women in jeans and tank tops, however, this trend of women wearing very, very short skirts that may as well be shirts and colored tights, tremendous.

While every man can look good in a black, button-down collar shirt, every woman can look attractive in tights. It gives the women the freedom to wear a skirt as short as she wants while not exposing herself, everyone wins. I hope this trend continues for another 10-20 years.

-I finally saw Blades of Glory this weekend and I must say that it had moments or two of laughter, but I was mildly disappointed.

-Congrats to the Belmont women’s volleyball team winning the A-Sun Tournament and heading to the NCAAs. Anytime you can make the NCAAs and beat Lipscomb in the process, fun times for all involved.

-Since I lost so much track of time this weekend, I wasn’t able to pick up my language book to learn either French, Italian or Spanish. I got suggestions for all three and someone even left a comment in the post to learn Spanish in Italian, so I wasn’t sure of that one. However, I have made a decision.

J'ai choisi d'apprendre le français. C'est la langue de ma famille et je veux connecter avec mes racines. De plus, les femmes françaises et je peux visiter enfin ma patrie. Rue. Etienne avec la fierté.

-Look forward to some movie reviews from the People’s Champion starting after Thanksgiving weekend.

-I got an answer on why I can’t give water to newborn babies. Apparantly, the breast milk that the baby is consuming is around 80% water, so they get taken care of from that. Plus, if you give the baby too much water, it will dilute the nutrients of the milk and cause the kid to get sick and that’s not fun for anyone. Glad I found that out.

-Last night was good. I saw the Bruins get an excellent win in women’s basketball over Tennessee Tech and was able to connect with a friend during the game, which was straight.

However, after the game, I got home and I saw a message that she was feeling lame for being home on a Saturday night. That wasn’t good. So I told her that she shouldn’t feel lame and should enjoy the rest. Going out and living the party life is fine and all, but I know how hard she works and she needed a chill night, just like I did. You have to be in the right mental state in this life. Plus…

-If I wasn’t home last night, I wouldn’t have been home to see one of the most underrated shows on TV, Austin City Limits. If I’m home on a Saturday night, I make sure to watch this show. Gnarls Barkley are hit or miss for me, but they were on last night. Here’s some of their music:



Also on the show was Thievery Corporation, a group that I’ve gotten into recently. They’ve been around for a while and through Pandora and listening to Massive Attack, I’ve gotten some of its music and like it. Here’s a song from them with live concert footage. If I could see these guys live, it would be on:



-This week was good for me too, because I took into practice many of the things I spoke about last week. I’ve taken time for myself, made some lists and its worked. Its not perfect and they’re will be some bumps in the road, but so far so good.

The main thing that I’ve done however is stop complaining and have no excuses. Since then, I’ve grinded out some good mental focus. Also, eating better has helped too.

-Sorry for not doing an NCAA basketball preview this week. There are just too many conferences, too many teams and I’m directly involved with the sport with my job.

-I’ve received positive response from my Crush of the Day and Random Observations sections of my blog, so they will stay on.

-Notice I’ve gone this far without mentioning Saturday’s game between Vanderbilt and Tennessee. Not happy with the result but life goes on.

-That’s it for this week. I had one or two more thoughts I wrote down but I left my notes at a friend’s house, so what can you do. Here’s what to expect this week.

Monday: An updated top-five. No Crush because they all will be crushes

Tuesday: NFL Review and the Crush was on a show whose title contained “Girls” that was on in the past 10 years.

Wednesday: Thanksgiving Reflections and this Crush is British and starred on my favorite-ever legal show several years ago. The show is still on the air and repeats on Fox on Sunday nights. In fact, I’m watching it and her right now.

Thursday: While eating turkey and come epic pie, I will introduce a new section mentioned by the People’s Champion. It will be called the Throwback Crush. It explains itself. This first installment will be a fun one and I have one clue for you because when the teacher pops a test, I know I’m in a mess but if I have it in tomorrow it will be all right…

Friday: MMA Review and the Crush will be sports-related

Saturday: Wildcard

Sunday: Reflections

Until then, good fight, good night. Here’s some more Thievery Corporation to take you home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NFL Review AND Bea Arthur?
I'm looking forward to it.