Saturday, April 5, 2008

Why?


I recently saw the fam in Kennesaw and it was great. All of the nieces and nephews are growing up. My nephew Alex, whose in the ninth grade, is a big Georgia fan, which is not cool because I've tried to make him a Georgia Tech fan and a Vanderbilt fan but it didn't happen. Some other crazy things. He gives me details about his 'dating' life, which is strange becasue I had no dating life at all when I was his age. I don't have one now. We're also friends of Facebook now. He's old enough to be a friend, I changed this boy's diapers, burped him, rock him to sleep at night as a baby, helped him learn to walk, took him to tee-ball games! Then there's the most important woman in my life besides my mother, my niece Jordan, whose in the seventh grade. You'll see her picture in my office if you ever visit. Anyway, she's really into basketball and is a fan of Georgia Tech, so of course this is awesome. However, she recently attended a basketball camp at that community college in East Tennessee and guess who her favorite player is now. Candice Parker. I have a Vols fan in my family! She has a signed ball from the whole team and everything. She even had a printout of the team and told me about all of these players. That hurt my heart. She likes those hillbillies! Now, I love this girl more than anything and want her to go for the best and in women's college basketball, UT is the best, but its still UT. I now have to refrain from my jokes about Tennessee because she actually listens to me and I don't want to help form her opinions. I guess its like being a parent and watching what you say. Here's the deal. If she ever went to Tennessee, of course I would support her. I would even attend games. However I would not cheer for the Vols. I hope she has a triple double and the team loses. Also, I would not ever wear that orange. I don't hunt or pick up trash on the side of the road. Unfortunately, I would have to go to Knoxville. I'm shaking my head in disapproval right now. Its the same deal with Alex. I already told him that he can go to Georgia but when they play Vandy, you know what time it is.

No comments: