Thursday, April 3, 2008

This is what I get for trying to impress a girl

This is what I get for trying to impress a girl at the gym. I was working out at my favorite facility in Nashville and getting a solid workout in and actually feeling good about myself. I'm almost done with my workout and I see a young lady that I've been interacting with for the past few weeks. I run into her at sporting events I cover, around campus, we even saw each other at Target one time. So we start talking and both of our relationship situations come up and we're on the same page. Anyway, she says that we should hang out sometime and I'm like "really?" She says yeah and I'm still not sure because girls that beautiful and cool usually aren't forward about hanging out with me. Its usually a struggle to get a lunch or a coffee out of them.

As an aside, I've had this conversation with many of my guy friends and to me, you can be the most beautiful girl in the world, but if you're not down, then its not on for me. Many of you think that my potential girlfriends have to be sports fans because sports are such a big part of my life. I do tend to be attracted to girls with an interest in sports, but it isn't necessary. I like other things like music, art, fashion, so I have other interests. The key to being down is for each of us to understand where we're coming from and accept our potential differences. Seriously, if a girl says that she hates sports, it's lame because I would never tell a girl I hate anything she was interested in because maybe she'll introduce it to me and I'll like it.


Anyway, this girl I'm talking about is down and we have a good vibe going and tell her that when I get back into town next week, we can do something. Of course, I'm inspired by this and decide to finish my workout with some abs. Usually I'm warmed up from the workout and can knock out some abs no problem. However, since I was talking to this girl, I wasn't loose and wasn't warm. She's looking at me and I decide that I'm going to get that six pack right there that day. I'm doing sets in double time trying to act macho. By then, I'm in pain and then she comes over to say something to me while I was doing my crunches. I have the music going on my IPod, so I turn that off and I give the weakest "Yeah" ever to her. She tells me something and I give that customary smile and nod but inside I'm saying she needs to leave now before I scream in pain. She eventually leaves and now I'm in pain. But I have a potential date next week, so it doesn't hurt that bad and that's what it's all about in the end.

No comments: