Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spank Your Children and Spank Them Hard!


I was recently having a conversation with the icon and hero to many that is Sean Sawyer and he was talking about him hosting some young children at his home during a family gathering. They were causing some problems in the house and even caused property damage, which is never good for all parties involved.

We talked about how he wanted to discipline them but was uncomfortable with it because they weren’t his children. He didn’t know what to do. Well, here’s my solution…

Spank your children and spank them hard!!!

Two disclaimers. One, the icon and hero Sean Sawyer doesn’t hate little children just like he doesn’t hate bind people. These opinions are my own so if you hate what you’re about to hear, come to me. I’ll have something for you. Secondly, the kids weren’t Sean’s and that makes a difference.

In my family, spankings were standard. One form of discipline if you did something wrong by our parents and older members of our family was spankings.

I can count on one hand the amount of spankings I received in my life. I was a really good kid who never got in trouble and was content to just sit in my room and watch a ballgame or read a book or play a video game. Point is that I may not be an expert of spankings but I saw my brothers and cousins get the smack down on dozens of occasions and I wanted no part of that. I feared getting spanked even by my barely five foot mother.

It was the mental fear that got to me more than the physical, but not every kid is like that. Some need to be smacked around a little bit to get the point across.

We have allowed some of our kids to not be disciplined because we fear that beating them will leave them physical and mental scars for life. That’s very fair. There is a difference between fair discipline and abuse.

Child abuse is no joke and should be taken seriously.

I think the problem is that not every parent has the ability to balance fair spankings and abuse. They cross the line, verbally and physically hurt their children beyond comprehension and that’s tragic. However, this shouldn’t stop us from spanking our children.

Now, what if they aren’t your children, Marcel? Glad you asked. I have a spanking or two from an aunt or uncle when I was in their household because I did something bad. I’ve also got a spanking from being in association with the crime for the spanking.

Say you’re in another country like Italy and you do something that is legal here in America but illegal there. You get a ticket for it and you’re pissed but have to accept it because that’s how they roll. That’s like getting a spanking at a family member’s house. It may be cool for you to paint on the walls or curse in your home, but not at Aunt Bettie’s house. If you violate the rules, you got to get the spanking.

Also, say you’re driving in a car with your friend and he decides to get out and commit a crime and gets back in the car and you drive off. The cops arrest you and you are listed as an accomplice in the crime. Tough break but it happens. Same if you didn’t do something bad but you associated with someone who did. Spanking for you.

All of this applies if you are dealing with a family member. If this isn’t a family member and a child of a friend, that’s a dicey situation. At that point, you may need to fall back, tell the parent what they’re kid did and let them discipline them. However, if you’re tight with your friend and they give you the approval to discipline them in anyway possible, spank that kid and spank them hard!

My advise may be limited because I have no kids and gave one spanking in my life to my niece Jordan and my nephew Matt a few years ago and those kids still bring it up. However, they’re 12 and 10 and have the memories of elephants right now so they’ll forget it. They were acting out and not listening to me and I did spank them good and hard and made them cry, but it got the point across at the time.

So, that’s my opinion. Send your potential hate letters to my comments section. But if you want to throw down, I’ve got belts, paddles, switches, branches and other items that will make you feel the pain. And if you’re a lady and are down with spankings on a more freaky and sexual level, I’m down with you as well.

But remember, spank your kids and spank them hard and dare I say, enjoy it!

No comments: