Saturday, April 5, 2008

I dislike all child prodigies (accept Doggie, that's my boy)


I saw something on my co-worker's Sean's computer recently which disturbed me. There was this kid who picked all sweet 16 teams in the NCAA tournament, Davidson, Villanova, Western Kentucky included. It reminded me of child geniuses, who I HATED as a kid. I would hate how shows like 20/20 would profile these kids who were like 12 who were graduating from Harvard or entering med school. My mother would make me watch these and potentially get inspired. These kids were such losers and how was that supposed to make me feel good to see some kid my age much smarter than me. They could have been smarter than me, but could they name every world series and super bowl champion since 1970 or know the character and real actors names on Saved By The Bell. I don't think so. I can't explain to you enough how much I couldn't stand those smart kids. Doogie Howser was the bomb though, respect

No comments: