Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Top-5




First some background. I attended the epic Vandy/Kentucky men’s basketball game a few months ago where the Dores destroyed the Cats. Ashley Judd was at the game and it was on.

Ashley has been in my top-5 ever since I saw her in "A Time to Kill" years ago. Now, a top-five is a list that everyone makes of the five people that they would like to hang out with/date/share a hug/attend a box social with in the world. They are always famous people so that people can relate, compare and contrast each others list. You can also tell a lot about somebody by who is in their top-5. Over the years I've had Ciara, Halle Berry, Alyssa Milano, Gabrielle Union, Christina Milian, Heidi Klum, Jessica White, Natalie Portman, Alicia Keys and many others rotated over the years. So you can tell that I'm confused. The three that have always been on the list are Gabrielle, Ciara and Ashley...but Ashley is usually No.1 becasuse she's cute, talented, even though some of her movie choices have been suspect, but most importantly she's a sports fan. Granted it's for Kentucky sports, but I'll take it. And she's married to a race car driver. Long story short, she was at the Vandy/Kentucky game sitting behind the Kentucky bench and she stayed the whole time and cheered. Now, it was a rough year by Kentucky standards and their fans were leaving at halftime, but not Ashley. So after the game, I head to the media room at Vanderbilt to do my post-game work and who's outside of the Kentucky locker room but my dream woman. I was less than a foot away from her. First, she's taller then I thought, I'm about 6'0'' and she was at my height with heals about three inches high, so that's solid height. Second, even more beautiful in person. My boss, Greg, asked me if I got a picture with her. They got smoked and I didn't have a camera and I was trying to be a professional journalist. But I have a mental picture that will last a lifetime.

However, seeing her prompted me to redo my top-5 list.

First, I've decided to retire Ashley Judd and make her the coach/general manager of my squad. She's been on the team for so long that she needs to retire.


Here's the list:


Maria Menounos (rookie of the year on my list)


Katherine McPhee (another newcomer)


Gabrielle Union (she may be #1 overall)


Mila Kunis (actress and voice of Meg Griffin on my second favorite show)


Serena Williams (tennis player




Here were the ones who didn't make the list but are on the bench for the future:

Ciara (she's been on the list a long time and got kicked off by Maria)

Rachida Jones (actress on "The Office" - toughest omission from the list)

Sarah Chalke- actress from my all-time favorite show Scrubs

Eva Mendez-actress

Sophia Bush (second toughest omission from the list)

Jessica White-modelSasha Cohen- figure skater

Alicia Keys (was on my original top-five list several years ago)

Stacey Dales - basketball analyst ESPN

Swin Cash - basketball analys ESPN/WNBA player

Michelle Kwan- figure skater

Logan Tom- volleyball player

Bonnie Bernstein- sports analyst

Tatiana Ali (original crush from "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air")

Lucy Liu- actress

Kelly Hu- actress

Amy Lee- lead singer Evanescence

Jaclyn Smith - actress from Charlies Angels

Jada Pinkett-Smith - actress

Jennifer Aniston- actress

Aisha Tyler- comedian/actress

Morgan Fairchild-actress


That's the list, I would love to know each of yours.

1 comment:

Jared C said...

Ashley Judd in a Hank Jr. shirt...WOW...That is all I have to say.