Thursday, April 10, 2008

Its a Gym and not a Club Med!


So I’m at the gym getting my lift in at the Beaman and I see this frickin couple talking to each other in between their sets.

I hate couples at the gym. Many of them treat the place like it’s a Club Med and its time to socialize. When I’m in the gym, its serious business. I’m ready to destroy everything in my path, including my body. I treat my workouts just like my job and I’m going to work. I see these people just hanging out near the squat rack, chatting it up. It makes me sick. I want to make them tap out with a patented rear naked choke.

And I don’t want to hear, “Hey Marcel, if you had a girlfriend you would feel differently.” Not true. I would work out with her but it would be to get in shape, not for social time. We can head to the Bongo and get a cup of coffee or go to the Curb and share some fries or something like that. Not in the gym.

There’s another group that annoys me. That group of guys that roll in groups of three to four who just go to the gym to chill and mack on girls. They need to go to. I like looking at the ladies also but that’s just one of those things that come about from being in a gym.

That girl I mentioned talking to in the gym last week was an exception.

I rarely talk to anybody in the gym and I’m told I look very angry, which is fair because it’s not fun busting my butt in there. Anyway, back to the guys, leave the darn gym. Those girls are probably not going to hook up with you anyway.

Forgive me if that sounds harsh, I’ve had a stressful few days recently. Work is getting to me a little bit, my dating life is striking out in a major way and the only release for me is the gym. When I see people not working as hard as me, it annoys me.

Also, not hearing from that girl from last week had me kinda pissed as well. But that’s standard for my dating life or lack of one. There will be a post or ten about that in the future. I have some good rejection stories. I accept it and move on as sad as it sounds.

In the end, maybe I shouldn’t look at others and how they want to live their lives. It’s a public place and people can do whatever they want, even if that is just chatting with your partner. Just don’t do it near me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People screwing around in the gym make me mad, too!
Josh