Thursday, May 29, 2008

Facebook and feeling Yes at the same time


Facebook is a trippy thing man.

Today was an interesting day for me from a Facebook prospective. The first person that I caught up with was a girl that I used to hang out with in college constantly named Alicia (if you read this blog enough, you know that’s not her real name). She was a few years younger than me, so when I was a senior, she was a sophomore. We used to hang out all the time and she was chill because she was from Georgia, was really nice and friendly. We used to kick it in my room often. Nothing ever went down with us and I don’t know why, but it just didn’t. I guess if I had some game, it could’ve. However, if you think I have no game now, I had negative game in college, it was sad, yet funny looking back on it now.

So, Alicia and I have a common friend on Facebook and I was going through her friends list and saw Alicia and just had to become her friend because I wanted to know what she was up to. She was a teacher out in LA the past few years and even got called Ms. Smith, which is what I will call her now because it’s cool and kinda sexy.

Don’t give me that look from your computer. I’ve always wanted to be disciplined by a cute teacher and call her Ms. Whatever while she teaches me all types of lessons. Wow, that may be the first TMI (Too Much Information) moment in the history of Pourtout Institute of Pancakes. Only took two months, good times.

She’s now working in education in a different capacity. And, I have to admit as a guy, she gotten incredibly attractive the past few years. Like one of the cutest girls that I’ve seen in a long time attractive. And if she has the same personality she had in college, that’s a monster combination I’d like to kick it with in the future. Not that I wasn’t attracted to her before, but she’s improved in that department greatly. She seems to be in a good place and I’m so happy and proud of her at the same time. Alicia was always that one person from college that I wanted to know what she was doing and had no way to contact her until today. Anyway, we exchanged e-mails and hopefully will keep in touch.

That’s the cool part about Facebook, seeing where people have gone with their lives. Seeing everyone’s profile, I’ve associated with some amazing smart people over the years. Everyone is either in grad school, graduated from grad school or working at cool jobs. It’s great to see many of my old and new friends doing good things in their lives.

The second thing on Facebook that happened to me today was that an old buddy, Katie, just announced her engagement. This is the same Katie that was a freshman when I was a senior and we took a women’s studies class together. She was so quiet and shy yet super nice. We just happened to sit in the back row of class and would just chat all day. I would even try to make crude jokes and make odd statements and she would just look at me with that face. She was such a cutie and proper. We even saw one of my favorite movies ever, Kissing Jessica Stein, together at Sarratt for extra credit in class one Friday night. It was the one pseudo date that I had in college. Anyway, to see sweet Katie engaged to someone not only makes me feel a little old, it puts things in prospective in a good way.

If I found out that Katie was engaged before I started this blog, I would have been devastated because it was another person I knew younger than me engaged while I was living the lonely life. I’ve documented this in the past: http://pourtoutpancakes.blogspot.com/2008/04/im-tired-of-being-lonely.html

However, through this blog, I’ve worked out a lot of internal mental issues and am in a better place. I can actually now be happy for other people’s happiness in relationships without internally hating them.

That’s it from me on this topic.

Finally, I’ll leave you with the song that I was listening to while typing this post. It’s a song called Angkor Wat by Yes. So frickin beautiful that I get teary eyed listening to it sometimes.




No comments: