Monday, May 19, 2008

Does this make me look like a wuss?


Well, I’m writing this from the bus as our Bruins baseball team heads over to DeLand, Fla. to participate in the Atlantic Sun Tournament. I think our guys have a good shot of making a run here, but I’ll have some posts throughout the week about that.

This post is about things that us guys tend to like but don’t want to admit.

This started with my statement that when I type the posts for this blog, I’m usually sitting on my bed and reflecting on things, similar to Carrie Bradshaw on the show, Sex and the City. I actually enjoyed that show very much and when I would tell people that, I would get looks and mocked for liking a show about four upper-class women in New York City.

The main reason that I like the show was that it was based in my hometown. Second, I was a big fan of Charlotte, if you know what I’m saying. Also, Mr. Big was my boy.

So that got me thinking about what other things do guys like but fail to admit?

Today, I tried a new product from Gillette that is a body and facial wash. I used it for the first time and my face has never felt fresher. It was like a flash of sunshine on my skin and my face feels so nice right now. I plan to use this product more in the future.

It seems like a lot of guys don’t admit to liking creams, facials, spas and other things of that nature because it makes them sound soft. I’ve personally never gotten any treatment at a spa, but my mother used to place these fruit, peel-off wraps on my face when I was a kid and those were OK I guess.

However, the one thing that I’m into that gets the most reaction is my enjoyment of soap operas, particularly General Hospital. I got into soap operas at an early age because my mother is such a fan of them, especially General Hospital.

Over the years, I’ve enjoyed the exploits of Sonny Corinthos, Carly, Luke Spencer, Laura, Jason Morgan, Alexis, Lucky, Elizabeth, Nicholas, Robin, Dylan and countless others. I can write a whole new post about my love for the show, which will probably come sooner rather than later.

The reasons that I like these shows is one, there are no repeats. Every episode is new and runs throughout the entire year, including the summer. So there is never a time when you turn on the show and you see something old.

Second, the plot lines are ridiculous. Everyone has sex with each other, everyone becomes a friend one minute than an enemy next, no one is safe from being killed and coming back to life (happens all the time), everyone has a potential twin and my personal favorite, when someone “dies,” yet will come back as a whole new character and its accepted as normal.

Third, it only takes about two weeks of watching the soap opera everyday to catch up on six months. I haven’t watched General Hospital in months, yet I know that if I dedicate a week to checking it out, I will be caught up.

Finally, have I mentioned the women. The chicks on these shows are game. Even the ones who are supposed to be homely or ugly are beautiful. I’ve had major crushes on some of these women for years and if you ask a male GH fan about Brenda, aka Vanessa Marcil, they’ll acknowledge the hotness she brought to the table.

So those are some of the things that I like that most guys seem to not want to admit too. There are probably some more. Until next time…

No comments: