Saturday, May 31, 2008

So, I walked into a record store...


So I just got back from Grimey’s and I was proud of myself for not buying anything, but it was hard.

I saw the albums from Minus the Bear, The Rum Diary and even the new My Morning Jacket material and I didn’t buy any of them. I really wanted to, but the finances just aren’t there.

Anyway, I love going to Grimey’s because it has all of the albums that I need. Do you have that Omar Rodriguez-Lopez album? Yes, we do. Do you have that new Maserati disc? Absolutely.

I also love the vibe of the place. I guess it was a funk day there because they were playing some different artists before blaring the James Brown. Tremendous stuff. Everyone in the store was rocking to it and I was loving that. Men, women, white, black (ok, I was the only black guy in the store at that time, but you get what I mean), all types of people were singing along to James. Respect.

I need to find some money to get some albums, like now.

Now, here’s some James for your ass! I see you B.B. King. Maybe the nastiest, funkiest riff ever. GFOS, indeed. If you don’t know what that means, check yourself. Fred Wesley, much love to you as well.

BTW, this is from the documentary, “When We Were Kings.” I can’t recommend it enough.



No comments: