Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mr. Cranky


I write this from DeLand, Fla. at around 1 a.m. my time, so this post will probably be shorter than most.

I’m currently listening to some chill music and wondering why Mr. Cranky wants to come out.

Mr. Cranky is the persona that likes to come out sometimes in my life when times are going well. Tonight was a good night. Went to the Atlantic Sun award banquet, saw Matt, Nate and Carlo receive awards and ate a great meal. The seniors on the team made a video making fun of each other and it was a great view and everyone had a good time. Finally, I hung out with the guys the rest of the night, played some cards, played some music and generally had a good time.

However, Mr. Cranky just wants to come out and make me snappy with people and makes me want to have some alone time.

That’s the weird thing about me at times. I like to be social and friendly, but I also like my space and when I’m traveling with the team, I’m always around somebody. I love all of these guys greatly, but there are times that I would like a few minutes to just be alone. If I don’t get that alone time, Mr. Cranky comes out and makes me seem meaner then I am.

I don’t like that aspect of my personality and I need to work on improving that.

See, I told you that this post would be shorter than normal. I’ll have something for you after our first game against Gardner-Webb tomorrow night. Until then, go Bruins!

No comments: