Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NBA Conference Finals Predictions



Well, the final four for the NBA playoffs are set. Here are my thoughts

Boston/Detroit: This should be a good series. Boston barely survived Cleveland while Detroit handled Orlando with ease. I really want Boston to win this series. I hate Detroit. Everyone talks bad about San Antonio and how boring they are. I actually don’t mind watching the Spurs play. The team I hate to watch is Detroit. They’re just bland and they have a bunch of guys who seem grumpy at the world like Billiups and Rip. However, the worst offender is Rasheed. Charles Barkley was correct in stating that Wallace should be averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds a game. The problem with Wallace is that he’s not motivated to be the best player he can be and he’s not focused. He also takes too many damn three-pointers. His ass needs to be in the post.

Boston really isn’t much better because they act like they’ve won the championship already. Win a frickin road game, please. They seem to have this attitude that all is well because they will just win at home. That worked against Atlanta, because the Hawks are pathetic. It almost cost them against Cleveland, but Mike Brown and the Cavs management is pathetic. However, as much as I don’t like Detroit, the Pistons do bring consistency.

Prediction: Detroit in six, even though I hoping the Celtics pull it off.

Los Angeles/San Antonio: New Orleans just wasn’t ready. San Antonio does it again, those bastards. I swear if the Finals are Detroit/San Antonio, I’m not watching it. I’m telling you now. So we have the Spurs and Lakers going at it again. I think the Lakers have the better team, but I worry about Kobe’s back. Its all good now, but that can flare up again and cause problems.

The only advantage that the Spurs have is at point guard and Derek Fisher is underrated. If this was anybody but the Spurs, I would have the Lakers in five, but its San Antonio so I’ll give them some more credit.

Prediction: Los Angeles in seven…please let it be the Lakers.

No comments: