Sunday, May 11, 2008

My updated NBA Playoff Thoughts



Here are my quick thoughts on the NBA playoffs at this moment:

Detroit/Orlando: Magic, how can you blow Game 4 at home like that! That series is over and now we have to deal with frickin Detroit in the conference finals again. People talk bad about San Antonio and how boring they are. The Spurs are actually entertaining. Detroit is the most boring team in basketball with a bunch of guys who look miserable all the time, yes I’m looking at you Rasheed. Orlando just isn’t ready for primetime. And Dwight, I need more from you than nine points.

Boston/Cleveland: Celtics, can you please win a road playoff game. That’s why you won’t win a title. We’re seeing the same thing in this series from Boston as we did against Atlanta, so nothing is new there. But Cleveland, enjoy LeBron while you can because he is as good as gone in two years. This “pass it to Will” offense needs to stop Mike Brown, who is one of the worst coaches in the NBA. How can you be a former assistant in San Antonio yet be one of the worst game managers I’ve ever seen? I get pissed watching Cleveland play because Mike Brown is the worst coach for a good team that I’ve ever seen. You saw what happened in Game 3 when they ran some motion and posted up James. They scored some more and won. It’s that frickin simple. Show me something Cleveland.

San Antonio/New Orleans: The shocking thing this series has done is made San Antonio look slow. I’ve been on the Chris Paul experience for the past few years because my frickin Hawks passed him on the draft, but that’s another sad story for another day. So Chris’ emergence hasn’t shocked me. The Spurs needed an amazing effort to win Game 3. I don’t think that they have three more efforts in them to win this series. I still like New Orleans in seven. Also, the Hornets are ready to win a title. They have all of the elements. Good defense, shot makers, excellent bench, they are ready.

Utah/Lakers: The series is now tied at 2-2. I still think the Lakers are the best team playing right now, but Utah is acting pesky. Deron Williams is the truth and I like the energy that Utah is bringing. Kobe better not be hurt because if he is, problems. I think the Lakers still win this series, but its going to be more difficult then expected.

Non-playoff thoughts:

My two favorite teams made news since my last basketball post. The Hawks thankfully ended the Billy Knight era and the Knicks have a new coach.

Concerning Atlanta, what took you so long? I know they made the playoffs, but they still stunk and most seasons they wouldn’t have done that. He was a terrible drafter, made bad free-agent signings and was generally not a nice guy with the fans and the media. Other then that, good person. Take Mike Woodson and his two-play offence and no defense scheme with you. I’m glad that I’m a transplanted Hawks fan and not a lifelong fan. I would be depressed if I was.

And the Knicks. They can hire Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, John Wooden, Pat Summitt, Rick Byrd and every other living legend head coach and still finish below .500. D’Antoni is definitely ten times better then Isaiah, and honestly a crappy AAU coach can be better than Isaiah, but he has a lot of work ahead of him, especially considering that his style of play is the complete opposite of what the Knicks roster has. I have extremely low expectations for the Knicks right now even if they’ve hired a very good coach.

Until next time…

No comments: