Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday Reflections



New segment. Every Sunday night, I usually lie on my bed, watch some repeats and reflect on the week that was. I’ll share this with you now.

-Good week for the Belmont baseball team. Defeated Tennessee, which was huge because anytime you can defeat them, it’s a glorious day for me. The Bruins also won two out of three against Campbell to clinch a spot in the A-Sun Tourney. We’re heading to Florida. Very excited about that.

-The trip to Knoxville wasn’t as bad as I thought. The people at UT treated me well and were very friendly, but it’s all about business. I was very professional at the game and didn’t go into my dislike for the school and didn’t mention that I was an alum of Vanderbilt, it just wouldn’t have been right especially after they got swept by my Commies the previous weekend.

-So Vandy lost two out of three games to Georgia at home. Not a good sign but I’m not concerned. They’re probably not going to host a regional now, but whatever.

-Classes are over for me, which is cool. I got some good grades this semester. I got low-balled in a major way in one class and not too happy about it. I’ll address it in a proper manner.

-I caught a glimpse of Belmont’s graduation yesterday and it was cool. It made me think of my graduation from college and I wrote a fun post about it on the blog.

-Another cool part of the graduation was the day before when the graduating student-athlete photo was taken. I arrived at work on Friday and saw all of them getting ready for the picture that will eventually hang in our academic center. I greeted some of them and was happy to see them happy.

-I graduate next year. That’s great.

-Tabouli’s was cool on Wednesday. It was Scott, Robbie and I. One of Scott’s friends came over and she was super chill. She was a good conversationalist, cute, funny and we even shared some fries. She had an awesome personality and it was just nice to vibe with someone. I’ve made her a friend on Facebook and told her that it was cool meeting her and wanted to know if she was down for a coffee. However, I haven’t heard from her, which is totally cool because I’m definitely taking a break from even trying to date women at this stage.

-Now, if someone wanted to hang out and kick it, that’s cool but I’m not going to force anything. My head just isn’t in it right now.

-Talked to my mother today. She was waiting for her mother’s day call which was cool.

-I’ve been trying to bond with a stray cat named Spankey who I give milk to about one every two days. I want to get closer to him/her but have been approaching it all wrong like yelling at it and making sudden movements. However, through the advice of a co-worker, I was able to make some changes to my approach to Spankey when I fed him today. I stuck my hand out and he started to circle me and smell me, which are good things because usually when I approach, he runs away. He still ran away sometimes but less often. Hopefully he’ll let me touch him next time.

-I listened to some amazing music from Genesis and Yes this weekend. I love those old-school jam bands from the 70’s. The music is in layers and I’m feeling that right now.

That’s all I got for this week. See ya’ll around.

No comments: