Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Reflections


What’s going on. Its time for some Sunday Reflections:

Music Song of Choice: Electric Feel by MGMT





This is the infield music song for my baseball team. The boys introduced me to this song and I like it. Chill vibe, love it.

-I usually make it a point to not watch award shows, especially the Academy Awards. The culture of celebrities patting each other on the back doesn’t really resonate with me.

However, this year, I’ve actually been flipping back and forth to the show and saw that Natalie Portman can get it anytime from me. My goodness, I’m a fan. She needs to get on the bench in my top-five immediately.

Taraji Henson is gorgeous.



She’s been named a Crush of the Day on the blog and everything but incredible. I will always remember her from Baby Boy, one of my favorite good bad movies. Plus, remember, her son's name is Marcel. You can't make that stuff up.

-I would have bet the farm, house, my savings, my future child support payments and alimony and everything else that Heath Ledger would win Best Supporting Actor. Well deserved.

-College baseball season started on Friday and I was a nervous wreck leading up to the contests. I was worried about staffing the games, the conditions of the press box and the stands, fans being safe attending honestly a stadium in the middle of renovations and other things.

I know that I was probably not in the best mood the whole weekend but that’s how I operate for the first few games. Funny thing is that I will feel much better this week and it will all work out.

Funny thing about this weekend was that I serve as the main statistician for the games and there was a pop up foul ball that was caught by the first baseman I believe and I forgot how to put that in the scorebook.

To put that in prospective, on the scale of 1-10 on difficult things to do on StatCrew, its about a 2. I had to look up how to do it.

-Finally saw two movies that I’ve been wanting to see for a while.

I saw American Gangster. It was ok.

I saw The Wackness and loved it. It was based on events in the summer of 1994 in the NYC and it brought back so many fun memories for me. It was probably my favorite time ever living in New York. I was 13, taking the subway, going to ball games, rap music, really music in general became a big part of my life.

The music of the movie was tremendous. Between the tracks from Biggie, Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, it was amazing.

Good storyline, believable characters, plus, you get to see Sir Ben Kingsley smoke a bong. Who doesn’t want to see that.

-Watching The Wackness made me miss the NYC. I like living here in Nashville and everything but I will always be a New Yorker at heart. That’s my city, especially Brooklyn and Williamsburgh. Thinking about it now makes me a little emotional.
-The Wackness also made me think about my prospectives in life. I try to be an optimistic realist and look at the negatives more than the positive. It relates to the title of the movie. I look at the wackness of things instead of the dopeness. It makes sense if you see the movie.

-The Tapout is back in effect. I tried but I’m better in Tapout mode. Plus, it helps me work on my swagger.

-The posting schedule should be decent this week. I’m going to introduce a new subject called “This Show Used to be The Business”

I will write about shows from the past that I used to enjoy. They’re will be some obvious ones, like the first one which made me want to seriously want to move to California for high school. If you wake up early enough, you can see it on repeat on TBS. That’s the clue.

A lot of the shows will be pretty much something you can see on Nick at Nite or on TBS during the day.

I think I’ll clean out some links, haven’t done that in a while. Other than that, who knows.

Until then, good fight and good night.

No comments: