Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Observations: A snow globe, really?




This is going to be quick because its bedtime and I need my sleep.

I felt like listening to some Primus tonight after a long day and preparing for an even longer stretch, but its fun stuff.



1) I was speaking with the Peoples’ Champion about a week ago and we talked about how much we enjoyed the old VH1 show, Pop Up Video.

For you youngins out there, this show would show a music video, yes, VH1 showing music videos, shocking. Anyway, while the video was playing, you would get info about the artist, the actual shoot, people in the video, etc.

An example is below and sorry in advance that its’ Rick Astley. It was the only version I could find on YouTube. Just play it for a minute on mute and you would get an idea of what I’m talking about.



Well, I would actually look forward to this program and I guess its on VH1 Classic now, but that doesn’t do it for me.

2) I’ve been hesitant to comment on this whole Chris Brown and Rihanna situation, but as a man, there isn’t an excuse to lay hands on a woman. You just can’t do it.

A friend of mine was making an argument today that if I was with someone and she kept hitting me everyday and was pushing me in the face constantly, that one day I would snap and respond physically. She then proceeded to tell me that she once threw a snow globe at a boyfriend’s head because he was giving her trouble.

First, a snow globe? That’s old-school, some Citizen Kane-type stuff. Second, if I was with someone that was physically confronting me everyday like that, it would be over very, very soon so that I wouldn’t put myself in the position to potentially harm.

We know nothing of the situation, so I’m going to reserve my final judgements for another time.

That’s it. Told you it would be short. MMA Review tomorrow with a Crush of the Day who relates to athletics. Later.

No comments: