Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Reflections



Its time for those Reflections…

First, to appease some of you like the People’s Champion who don’t play my music videos on my posts because its at the end, here’s the video now.

I was bumping some excellent progressive rock from Yes, Pink Floyd and Genesis this weekend. I wonder which one is better? I smell a potential post…

Here’s Home by the Sea (parts 1 and 2) to play while you read my Reflections below:



-So Vanderbilt lost its first football game of the season on Saturday at Mississippi State right after I wrote last week about how they have changed my prospective as a sports fan: http://pourtoutpancakes.blogspot.com/2008/10/am-i-still-sports-fan.html

Now, I don’t believe in jinxes because I believe in the Jesus and that’s good enough for me, but I’ve been very, very hesitant to elevate the team beyond what they are. They are a good team…not very good or great, they’re good. They are 5-1 overall and 3-1 in the SEC which is nice. The team heads to Georgia next week and they should lose that game. That’s being honest. I look to the next game and that’s it so don’t expect me to talk about Duke, Wake Forest, Florida or Tennessee because those games are later.

However, don’t let this seem like I’m unhappy with the team. I’m very happy with the team because as I stated in that piece last week, I lived through two two-win seasons. This is like heaven to me.

-BTW, props to Georgia Tech for being 5-1 this season. I still represent for the Yellow Jackets who travel to Clemson this upcoming weekend. Maybe they can ring the final death knell of Tommy Bowden at Clemson. He has to be released after this season, right?

-I’m glad some of you enjoyed my new format for my NFL Review. Its easier to write and I’m sure more easy for you to read and comprehend. Look for it to stay for a while.

-My Beaman is finally reopening tomorrow! I’ve been doing some workouts while my workout facility has been closed because of the Presidential Debate but its not the same. Now everything will be there for me to take care of business. I guess this is a good transition to an update on “Workout Girl”



You know when you see that picture, it can’t be a good thing. Actually, it isn’t all bad. I’ll explain.

It all started on Friday night when I was attending a women’s soccer match and I realized that I hadn’t heard from Amber in a while. Darn, I have to introduce her to some of you unfamiliar with her. Read these three posts and you’ll be caught up: http://pourtoutpancakes.blogspot.com/2008/09/general-thoughts-on-thursday-night.html and http://pourtoutpancakes.blogspot.com/2008/06/update-on-workout-girl-if-you-see-this.html and http://pourtoutpancakes.blogspot.com/2008/04/this-is-what-i-get-for-trying-to.html

Yeah, she’s been mentioned one or twice. So I sent her a text and left a message on her voicemail to check on my friend. Turns out she hurt a body part really bad and had to get treatment. She’s fine but I felt so bad for her. I joked that I would make her soup and bring it to her to make her feel better. She just responded that her and her roommate were cooking dinner. I was cool with that.

While attending the game, I ran into Basher, Daniel and their lady friend Kristin. We were talking and Daniel mentioned if I’d spoken to Amber. I said that I did and Kristin asked who Amber was. I gave her the whole run down and told her about my interaction with Amber earlier. Kristin thought that it was so sweet how I think of Amber because it can come off lame in the “I do think about her and want to spend more time with her” way.

Kristin thought that it would be sweet for me to offer to do something for Amber even thought I did already earlier that evening.

However, I kept telling her that Amber has a boyfriend back in her hometown and I was not trying to date her at all. I was trying to be a friend and not overstep the boundaries that we’ve established.

So all Friday night, I couldn’t stop thinking about Amber because I kept talking about her to Kristin. I was even lying in bed thinking about her, something I never do with a girl.

Anyway, Saturday comes along and I’m cooking a big meal, cooking all of my meats for the week so that it doesn’t spoil and I had some extra vegetables, chicken and fruit. I decided to make some for Amber and text her that I had some food for her. I even baked cookies! She text me back, told me that was sweet of me to do, but she was working all night and couldn’t see me.

So today, Sunday, after I finished working my soccer match, I text her again to just ask how she’s been doing and I haven’t heard back from her, which I need to repeat is fine with me. Remember, I’m in “tap out” mode from pursuing women seriously right now so I’m not trying to date Amber. She knows this, I think.

I’ve told her numerous times that I respect her and is it hard, sure. I like her and I’m happy everytime I’m around her in a way not like many other women that I’ve met but she’s not available so I don’t dwell on it and her friendship is more important than me trying to date her, if that makes sense.

I’m just wondering aloud or in typing if I came off as pushy or insincere or trying to push up on her with my actions and words the last two days. It wasn’t meant to come out that way but actions are stronger than words.

What do you think? I would love to know your thoughts.

-The beard is working well and I like having it. It gives me a sense of maturity that I enjoy. Plus, it makes me look serious and if I don’t keep it trim, it can make me look crazy, looking forward to that.

-Saw the new version of Knight Rider on NBC and must say that it wasn’t awful. The women on the show are amazing and KIT is the truth as usual. Other than that, its touch and go.

-I’ve started increasing my video game rotation lately and its been a mixed bag. I have been playing NCAA Football everyday for the past few weeks but needed a change. I played some NCAA Baseball which was fun and will get into that some more. I had a good ATV racing game but can’t find it, which is a bummer.

-That’s all for Reflections today.

I was looking at an old post about Amber from June and I linked to some Genesis in that post as well. That’s crazy and wasn’t done intentionally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think that if Amber has a boyfriend back at home and doesn't make time for you, that you should leave her alone? To say you are in "Tap Out" mode doesn't make any sense because you talk like if she would give you the time of day, you would "Tap In". I mean you were laying in bed thinking of her! HMMMMMMM
Strange!

Marcel P. said...

The point is that I am leaving her alone, I was just being a friend and nothing more.

I'm not pursuing her in any way beyond friendship, I guarantee you that. I just worried that my actions would make it seem like I was trying to date her when that's really not the case.

Trust me, I'm still in "Tap Out" mode.