Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NFL Review Week 8


Hey everyone, its time for the NFL Review in the format from last week because I know that all of us dig music and sports, so lets get to it:

I love Massive Attack and this one of the first songs that I ever heard from them.



Before I get to my impressions on each team, I want to address something from my post last night about sports fans not deserving anything. I stand by what I said and if it sounded like I was coming from an angry place, good, that was the point.

I’m tired of all of the bulls*it I keep hearing from fans of teams that lose that they deserve stuff. All you really deserve in live is three hots and a cot and the rest you have to earn. We’re turning into a nation of whiners and that’s unfortunate. I have my moments of self-pity, but I’m working on getting past that because you have to man up and move on.

As I always say, life is full of depression and random moments of happiness.

In relation to this is that this time of year in an NFL season is when you know if your team stinks and has no hope of making the playoffs. If you’re a fan of Cincinnati, Detroit and maybe one or two more teams, you know you’re going to win three, four games max.

What you have to decide is if you want your team to start losing to get a better position in the draft. I say that you shouldn’t just quit on the season but you should open up every starting position and make people earn their jobs. This usually means you start losing some more but at least you know who can play and who you need to get rid of so it’s a winning situation.

St. Louis: Only two games out of first place at 2-5…pathetic division

Detroit: Still marching towards 0-16 with passion, my goodness are they terrible. At this stage, you root against them as a fan so that you improve your draft position.

Here’s an excellent track from UNKLE:



Cincinnati: This is an example of a team that really needs to play everyone and reevaluate what they really have that’s positive and negative. Palmer needs to shut that arm down and look forward to next season. BTW, I haven’t mentioned Chad Johnson at all in any of these posts because he isn’t worth it.

Kansas City: Who’s quarterbacking them now? A fan of the Chiefs needs to help me out with this one.

Oakland: Why was Fargas the leading rusher in the game at Baltimore. McFadden needs to get the ball often. I know that they are probably saving his legs similar to Chris Johnson on the Titans, but Darren needs to run some more. Russell has no hope with that team.

Houston: Why did I trade Matt Schaub? Stupid on my part. They aren’t going to make the playoffs, but at least they’re playing respectively.



Look, I know that Nickleback gets a bum rap, but I don’t mind these guys. When I was working in a retail store a few years ago, this song would always be in the music CD that we had to play. I knew every word of this song.

Cleveland: Nice win at Jacksonville. My fantasy football season comes down to Braylon Edwards, that’s sad on my part.

Seattle/San Francisco: I’m placing these two teams together because honestly, I can’t tell either one apart. Seattle beat a pathetic 49ers team that just fired its coach and forced Singletary to bench a player in the middle of a game, which I admire on one hand but worry about in the other. Frank Gore is toiling away.

Green Bay: Bye week

San Diego: I’m done with these guys.

Arizona: Nice comeback by Boldin from that injury. He’s working hard to earn that money because he wants to get paid.

Miami: Playing respectable football.

New Orleans: I told you Drew Brees would be the Offensive MVP this season

Minnesota: Bye

Jets: They’re going to finish 7-9 and all of the Favre kiss ass fan club, I’m looking at you Peter King, John Madden and others, will find some excuse to not insult their boy. BTW, if the stories about him advising the Lions against Green Bay are true, then karma is a bitch and that will come back to mess him up.

Indianapolis: Wow, did they look weak against Tennessee. Their reign of terror over the AFC South is over and I’m actually OK with this. Not because I’m a Titans fan, but I’m tired of seeing Indy in the playoffs. Lets get some new blood.

Here’s some Signal Hill. I’ve always wanted to be in this type of band:



Atlanta: That was a tough spot having to go to Philly but you have to get wins like these if you want to take your team to another level.

Tampa: Don’t care

Baltimore: Flacco isn’t bad, other than that, nothing.

New England: They’re 5-2 and probably going to win the division, again. I’m tired of these guys too just like Indy.

Jacksonville: I’m done elevating these guys…you can’t lose at home to Cleveland and expect to do anything. The one thing going into the season that we knew that they could do was run the ball and they’re struggling to do that right now and if they can’t do that, problems.

Chicago: Bye week

Philly: Still in wrong division but definitely not the worst team in NFC East.

Buffalo: Disappointed by loss at Miami, division champions don’t lose that game.
Denver: Bye week so March Towards Canton for Cutler takes a week off as well.

Carolina: Most quiet 6-2 in the league and if they can win on the road, watch out for these guys.

Pittsburgh: It just seems like this is one of those years where all of their guys get banged up and they lose in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Dallas: Beating an average Tampa team at home means nothing to me.

Tennessee: They run the ball well, they stop the run, they play special teams well, Chris Johnson is legit, Keith Bullock represents the NYC and Syracuse, I love these guys. They have 12-4 written all over them.

Washington: This team scares me the most as a Giants fan.

Giants: They need to beat the crap out of Dallas at home this week.

That’s what I’ve got. Your thoughts are always welcomed.

Tomorrow is my NBA preview, which I’m telling you is going to be great.

No comments: