Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Reflections


Hey everyone, its time for those Reflections on this laid back Sunday night:

First, some Massive Attack from an excellent album, 100th Window. Prayer for England, so moving…



-Sorry I didn’t get to my analysis of the top-50 broadcasters ever. Just couldn’t get around to it this weekend. I’ll get to it at some point this week.

-I did spend some of my time catching up on General Hospital and its been making a nice recovery lately. The Maxie/Spinelli storyline has been decent, especially after Maxie had sex with the poor guy a second time to just get attention from him. Jason needs to fall back trying to protect Spinelli from the FBI. Jason and Sam are going to get back together, which makes sense. Lucky and Sam are going to break up, I can see this a mile away and now Lucky will get back with Elizabeth, which is cool because she’s hot.

We also have Carly and Jax trying to save their marriage, which I was against at first but now I’m actually in favor of. Carly can get it, btw, I like the bad girl character but she may be too much of a DG for me.

For those of you out of the loop or didn’t watch the greatest show ever on MTV, Rob and Big, DG means Dirty Girl. Stay away from those fellas.

Sonny and Claudia are going down a nice destructive path together. The storyline that is annoying me is Robin and Patrick. She has postpartum depression, which is no joke. Patrick, take her to someone that can help her immediately because she’s becoming annoying.

Sometimes General Hospital gets me to the point that I’m yelling at the TV with these suggestions, its fun times.

-I’ll hit on this in my NFL Review some more, but I was really surprised by the Gruden firing.

-Pete Carroll needs to take a chill pill over Sanchez going to the NFL. Sanchez is going to make his own choice, he’s a fourth-year junior, earns his degree in May, his pro stock is probably at its highest now, especially with McCoy, Bradford and Tebow returing to college next season, so he has to go for the money. To get what I’m saying, here’s the press conference where Carroll expressed his opinions below:



-I was home on Friday night and I decided, it’s a new year and I have talked crap about these fans and that’s not cool, so I watched my first complete episode of Friday Night Lights. I think this is the third or fourth season, something like that.

It wasn’t bad. Actually it was decent. Was it life changing, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Is it the best show on TV, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, the best shows on TV in some order (and I don’t watch all of these, but acknowledge their goodness) are :

House
The Office
NCIS
The Unit
24
Family GuyThe Simpsons (still to this day)
The Boondocks (if this was ever on a major network, it would surpass Family Guy as the most popular primetime cartoon)
Mad Men
Weeds
Dexter
Entourage
Grey’s Anatomy (just kidding, that show sucks)
Scrubs
Law and Order
Law and Order: SVU
Chuck
Heroes
Gossip Girl
One Tree Hill
Battlestar Gallactica
Lost
Smallville (very underrated)
Numb3rs (move it away from Friday nights, CBS!)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Flight of the Conchords
30 Rock
All three CSI’s, especially the NYC
How I Met Your Mother
Two and a Half Men
Bones
The Closer

You get my point and I’m probably forgetting about 10 more if I really think about it.

I’m tired of fans of this show, both famous and non-famous telling me that I should be watching this show. The ratings don’t lie. I’m not saying that ratings are the only indicator of if a show is good or not. Heck, a lot of those shows I mentioned above struggle with ratings big time yet are still excellent.

So Bill Simmons, stop dedicating whole fricking Podcasts and articles on this show! We get it, it’s a nice show, watch it, enjoy it and leave me the f*ck alone!

As for the show, it was good. If I’m home on a Friday night, I’ll flip it on and watch it but it won’t change my life.

BTW, some people, including the Peoples’ Champion and Derek Jeter would sing the praises of Minka Kelly and want me to make her a Crush of the Day, but it isn’t happening. She’s cute and I wouldn’t kick her out of my house, that’s the PG version of the saying if you catch my drift, but I don’t see what the big deal is.

What I was happy to see Connie Britton on the show as the head coach’s wife. Now that’s someone who is crush worthy. She looked tremendous on the show and was pleasantly surprised. I’m still a huge fan of Spin City and she was on that show, so props to her.

-Finally saw Cloverfield this weekend. What a crappy movie. Its been out long enough so I can say that when everyone dies, they all deserve it, especially dumb dude who came back into town to rescue his best friend. She was going to die so why risk it? That was a waste of my two hours.

-Didn’t see UFC 93 and from the reviews that I’ve read, I’m glad that I didn’t.

-That’s all for now, have a nice week everyone and remember to take a moment to relax because this life isn’t worth stressing over.

And furthermore, have a good fight and a good night.

No comments: