Monday, January 19, 2009

Random Observations and Crush of the Day



Not much to hit you up with today. First, happy MLK day out there. Actually, most of you will read this on Tuesday, so happy belated MLK day.

Music for tonight, umm, I’m not feeling so good physically and mentally and when that happens, I turn to the Volta…the Mars Volta that is. Enjoy below:



-Why do I not feel good. Well, I have a cold but that can be dealt with. I had my first pseudo-break up in a long time today. How can I explain it without giving too much away?

Well, the girl, ok, she needs a name because I’m not going to keep calling her “the girl.” She’s was raised in Germany so we’ll go with Heidi. Well, Heidi was the one that I had the coffee with and went to the movies with, well, we decided to stay friends and not pursue anything more romantically. Cue the sad violins and the aww noises.

Actually, I keep it real here with y’all and I wish I can tell you that I was the man and told her to kick rocks or peace out or whatever the kids use to describe this, but Heidi actually decided that we shouldn’t see each other anymore, which is bad because I liked her. Actually I still like her in a friendly way but if she doesn’t want to date me, that’s completely fine with me and you have to move on. And its not like we’re not going to cross paths anymore, we’ll still be in contact.

I said from the beginning that she was a friend that I was spending extra time that may develop into something more, but that’s not going to happen.

This is actually new territory for me. I’ve been rejected plenty of times when asking someone out, so that part of it isn’t new to me. I’ve dealt with that. We really didn’t get too serious so the emotional attachment isn’t completely there as well. So this was sort of a breakup of a relationship before it truly became a relationship, if that makes sense.

So you know what that means, its time to continue my baller and shot caller ways with the ladies! Actually, that is definitely what I’m not going to do.

The cool thing about spending time with Heidi is that I learned how to interact with women better overall. By no means am I an expert on it, but my communication skills, especially my listening improved over this process. I also learned that taking things slow is not a bad thing.

But the most important thing I learned is that I can be myself and it still be attractive to a cool girl. Heidi and I didn’t work out but it will work out with someone else in the future.

-I’m happy that Barack Obama is getting sworn in for President tomorrow, I support the dude and may have even voted for him (I’m still not telling you who I voted for in the Presidential election, even though if you STILL haven’t figured it out by now, problems for you), but I would want no part of Washington, D.C. tomorrow.

Between the masses of people, security, traffic, I will enjoy the festivities from my home or office tomorrow.

BTW, you already know my feelings towards Mrs. Obama, but is it wrong for me to be feeling Mrs. Biden in the same way and you know what way I’m talking about? Discuss.

-I see that Little Debbie products are being recalled. Furthermore, peanut butter may be recalled as well! Is any food sacred anymore?

-I’ll hit on this in my NFL Review tomorrow night, hopefully, but Steelers vs. Cardinals for the Super Bowl, I’m in. If it was Philadelphia vs. Baltimore, I would’ve probably not watched.

There are only so many Baltimore offensive three and outs and McNabb missed thrown balls I can take in one contest.

BTW, I’ve picked the correct team to win the Super Bowl in 17 of the last 18 years and am on an 8-year winning streak. I’m completely serious about that. Ironically, the only team that messed me up was the Titans against the Rams in Super Bowl XXXIV. I’m picked for the Giants like in 1991 and 2008 and against them in 2001 and am 3-0 in those contests, so loyalty doesn’t matter when it comes to business.

Super Bowl picking really isn’t as hard as you think it is. Yes, I picked the Patriots over the Rams, no one believes me. I think me and commentator Tom Jackson of ESPN picked the Patriots because I remember the rest of the announcers laughing at Jackson for his prediction, but both of us knew what was about to go down.

Easiest picks had to be San Fran over San Diego, Denver over Atlanta and Pittsburgh over Seattle in that order.

Hardest picks were Denver over Green Bay, Giants over Buffalo and surprisingly, Dallas over Pittsburgh, in that order as well. Thank goodness Neil O’Donnel decided to play catch with Larry Brown or that pick would have been in danger.

How much money have I received for these efforts, not a single dime. More on this in the Review.

-I think that’s all. I gave you info on my social life, my love of peanut butter, politics and even some sports. Good Observations overall.

Oh wait, I owe y’all some Crushes and since the Australian Open started a day or two ago, I’ll go with Ana Ivanovic.



A winner on and off the court.

Good fights and good nights everyone.

No comments: