Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Reflections




Welcome back to Sunday Reflections! Hope your holiday season went well. Christmas and New Year’s Day was good overall. Everyday you wake up and can lay your head down to sleep is a good day for me.

You need some background music and I was going to go with some Metallica but I posted some of that for the MMA Review, so I’ll go with Thievery Corporation. I seriously suggest that you listen to this while reading my Reflections, it will relax you. Every night, I listen to music from these guys before bedtime and I feel so much better:



-I spent a lot of time watching House repeats on the USA Network over the break and didn’t find one bad episode. I still have to watch every episode because there are some holes but overall, tremendous show.

-I’m actually watching the season premiere of 24 right now. I’ve honestly watched only two or three episodes of this show ever but I like to see stuff blow up, so I usually watch the first episode of a year to see that and then move on.

-It was weird celebrating New Year’s Eve in the central time zone. I was watching things like Dick Clark’s Rocking Eve and CNN and everyone celebrates New Year’s in the NYC because of the Times Square ball. So the ball goes down, Happy New Year for all accept that it’s 11 p.m. here in Nashville. I still had to wait an hour.

But I had also had some adult beverages by that time so my memory of that night isn’t the clearest.

-I was watching TV and a picture of Natasha Bedingfield came up.



She’s very attractive and a good singer. Why isn’t she a bigger star?

-I also saw some music from Robin Thicke and he’s another guy who should be getting more play musically.

-Nirvana will still be the most overrated band ever in my opinion. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and especially Alice In Chains are much, much better then them.

-You want to know an underrated show. Drawn Together on Comedy Central.

-MMA fight of the year for 2008? Torres vs. Maeda

-Is there a person who represents country music more clearly than George Strait?

-Clueless is a movie that has aged over time but it will always hold a special place in my heart like Dumb and Dumber.

That’s all for now. I will go back to a normal posting schedule from now on.

No comments: