Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Reflections








What up peoples! So, so sorry that I haven’t done a post for you since Tuesday. Unfortunately for this semester, between baseball and taking classes, there will be day stretches between posts on the Blog. However, I will never miss out on a chance to do my Sunday Reflections. Let’s get to them.

First, some music from Yes. Love these guys. South Side of the Sky is a great song:





-I was finally able to catch up on my last two weeks of General Hospital and its been solid stuff. I especially enjoyed the episode where Maxie looked at her life if she died instead of B.J. back in the day. Old school appearances by Bobbi and Monica Quartermaine was awesome.

OK, I know only one or two of you if I’m lucky got that but if you’re a long time fan of the show like me, it was good. I’m also hyped about the return of Emily or the same actress playing a new character named Rebecca.



That’s her above. In fact, she’s been a Crush of the Day in the past. If I tried to explain her new character, I would lose my hardcore audience, all three of you. Let’s just move on.

-I’m happy that college baseball season is in full effect. I like being in the office for my job, but I work in media relations and its all about being out at the games. That’s why I and others in my profession do what we do, we do it for the games. All of the other stuff like the office stuff is just a part of the job.

Anyway, being down here in Nashville for these games at this time of year are tricky because some days are nice and warm and others are rainy. It snowed here last night for goodness sakes. That’s why our game was cancelled today but that was more for the field conditions.

When the weather gets warmer it will get even better.

Plus, I get to hang out with the boys which is free entertainment. Seriously, if you want high comedy, spend time with a college baseball team. I always say its like being in 8th grade again but in a good way.

-Saturday was one of the longer sports days that I’ve had in a long time. I first worked the Belmont baseball game, which was delayed by an hour because of weather. Then after that, I worked the Belmont men’s basketball game and operated some post-game activites there and then I went to work at the Vanderbilt men’s basketball game against South Carolina to do some post-game work there. Left the house at 9 a.m. and didn’t get back till 11:30 p.m. I did get tired towards the end of the Vandy game but then I realized this is sports and I don’t get tired. That’s the mindset that you need to develop. Mental toughness is the key.

After the Vandy game, I walked outside and saw the snow coming down and it was such a beautiful sight to see. I was alone and nearly everyone had left the arena so the campus was quiet and I had a nice reflective moment. I’ll cherish it for a time.

-This week, I had an interesting experience. I had some interaction with the boyfriend of a girl that I was interested in dating a while ago. I’m not going to go into details but she knows who she is.

Anyway, I had a crush on her but got over it and we’ve always been friends. However, I always wondered subconsciously why she was going out with the guy. I didn’t get it and part of that was probably me wanting to date her to be honest.

However, after talking with the guy, I can now comprehend why she would be with him. He’s a good guy. I can still take him out in a fight though. Just kidding or am I? I can definitely get him in an arm lock or rear naked choke and it would be over. No really, good for those two. After seeing those two together and getting to know her, I’ve concluded that I wouldn’t have been a good fit for her as a boyfriend. We get along well and could kick it as good friends but beyond that wouldn’t work. Speaking of MMA…

-Sorry I missed on doing an MMA Review this week. It will be back next week.

-College basketball is hitting tournament time and the Atlantic Sun one is taking place this week. I won’t be there because of baseball, which is a central theme of my social life right now, but you know who I’ll be cheering for. Go Kennesaw State Owls!

No, go Bruins!

-I missed all of my Belmont homecoming festivities this weekend because of, you guessed it, baseball. In the past I would have been mad at this but its part of the business.

-Just watched the first episode of Celebrity Apprentice. You know I’m already in. I may be less likely to watch this one because they’re really isn’t a cast member that I’m a big fan of like last season and Tito Ortiz but I’ll check it out. Nice to see T-Boz in effect. As far as eye candy, Natalie Grubis is cute, Brandi Roderick is solid and the Deal or No Deal model is nice. Also, Khloe Kardashian or however you spell her name, I’ve been a fan of her’s for a while if you catch my drift.

However, I can’t take the show seriously when Ivanka Trump is trying to give real business advise. Donald’s son is actually in the real estate business and has credentials, Ivanka not really.

-Megan Fox is cute and all but she’s overrated. However, props to Brian Austin Green for hooking up with her, Tiffany Amber Thissiean and Vanessa Marcil. Tremendous effort. Speaking of Tiffany…

-I’m loving the response to my post about Saved By The Bell. It was fun writing it because it brought back a lot of memories.

This week’s edition of “Shows That Used to be The Business” will be good as well. Here’s your clue. The theme song was done by an actor on the show. That should be easy to figure out.

-I’m a HUGE fan of Conan O’Brian and was sad to see him leave the Late Show. Looking forward to him on the Tonight Show, even though moving to LA sucks.

I’m telling you now, I’m not a fan of Jimmy Fallon. I’m not too optimistic about his stint as host of the Late Show. The Roots as a frickin house band is both a yea and ney for me but we’ll see.

-Some quick NFL Thoughts in this offseason.
1) Jay Cutler shouldn’t be mad at the Broncos for trying to get Matt Cassel. It’s a business and the future Hall of Famer has to get that.

2) Good for Albert Haynesworth getting his money from the Redskins. If anyone is willing to pay you that much money in the NFL, especially guaranteed, you have to take it. The risk these guys put their bodies in makes you want all of them to reach financial security.

-The Tapout is still in effect. I will say that its improved my swagger. However, temptations are always out there.

Ok, that’s all for the Reflections. NBA Review will be tomorrow, I promise. I still have to clean out some links for you and one or two other things.

Until then, have a good week everyone and once again, Go Bruins!

No comments: