Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Observations and a Crush of the Day



Hey everyone. Sorry that I haven’t posted since Tuesday, that wasn’t intentional.

I’m coming to you live from Jacksonville, Fla. Because Belmont baseball is playing at North Florida this weekend. Long bus ride but surprisingly not bad. I had a rougher trip going to USC Upstate in Spartanburg than here and that trip was about two hours shorter. However, we did get to our hotel at around 1:30 a.m.

Let’s get to some Observations.

Music to listen to: “Either Or” by Little People



Chill song to relax to and People’s Champion, you better play this song while reading this post.

Crush of the Day: Eva Mendes

When I was doing my research for the Crush of the Day for St. Patrick’s Day, for some reason I came across a picture of Eva Mendes and remembered how cute she was. So now, she has the honor of being named my Crush of the Day.

Oh, I now remember how I came across her. I was looking at an NCAA Tournament preview and saw something on Cal State Northridge, who lost to Memphis yesterday and was graced with the presence of Eva for a time.

-Jay Cutler really needs to fall back because he is looking like the bad guy right now. He’s burned his bridge in Denver. Congratulations to becoming the new QB in Detroit.

-I’m glad that some of you are starting to leave some comments on the Blog. I completely encourage it. I look forward to what each of you are telling me and thinking.

-I tried to have a male Crush of the Day a few days ago with Colin Ferrell. First, don’t expect that every time I do a Crush but I do have female readers who need some love as well.

I guess Colin wasn’t as appealing as I thought, because Meggie sent me this link about her thoughts on him. I had a feeling this one would come up, especially since we’re both huge Family Guy fans.



-Also, interesting comment by “Nick” about my non-positive feelings about Memphis athletics. One of my points was that I didn’t like Memphis because they wouldn’t play Vandy, my alma mater, in men’s basketball. Nick responded that they won’t play in men’s basketball because Vandy won’t play them in football.

I don’t know if that’s completely true but I can see that. I should have made clearer that I’m not happy with both athletic departments for not playing each other more in all sports. It’s a natural opponent and I think that both fan bases would like to visit each city for the contests. So, good call Nick on that one.

-I hope that some of you have been using my NCAA Tournament bracket tips.

-I was walking around campus one day and noticed a cute girl. Quick tangent, my school’s talent level isn’t terrible but not great. Its average and this one was slightly above average so she looked really good but she may have been bumped up because of the other girls she is being compared to. Anyway, so I see the cute girl and she was with three guys who looked less than appealing. I’m not going to call them losers but I wasn’t impressed.

This seems to be a trend I’ve seen lately, at least on college campuses. The really cute girl with two or three average looking guys. Here’s my theory.

One of the dudes is the boyfriend, that’s a given. The other guy is the best friend of the guy and he has a girlfriend of his own that’s probably out of town or lives somewhere else. This is all good because he’s not going to steal his best friend’s girl and he probably has a girl of his own. The third dude is the one you should be worried about. He is the single one who doesn’t have many friends of his own and one of the other three people felt sorry and invited him to hang out with the rest of the gang. That dude will try to steal the girlfriend at one point, it will happen. Or he will pick a fight at a social event that will make everyone uncomfortable. Watch out for that guy.

-We had some interesting movie choices for the bus ride down here. Disturbia was a decent choice even though if they called the police about one hour into the movie, it would have cut all of the drama out. Also, the movie started slower than you would want. Role Models was very funny, shockingly funny. That little black kid was ridiculous. We also saw Taken, which I’d seen in the theatres and liked that one as well.

-OK, that’s it for now. And since I did this post in the morning, have a good fight and a good day.

No comments: