Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Observations and a Crush of the Day


Hey everyone. First, sorry that I didn’t do a Reflections yesterday. I let Mr. Cranky come into my realm for the first time in a while and that made me not want to do anything. That shouldn’t be an excuse for me to not write on the blog. So instead of Reflections, those are reserved for Sundays, I have some Random Observations.

Music of the Day: Melting Chariots by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez



Crush of the Day: Connie Britton

Props to the People’s Champion for reminding me of her. I’ve tried to watch some episodes of Friday Night Lights this year when I have the chance and while its not appointment TV for me, its entertaining.

However, I know that the most beautiful woman on that show isn’t Minka Kelly and her terrible Texas accent , the coach’s daughter or the other girl with the short blond hair, its Connie. I’ve been a fan of hers since Spin City and its good to see her starring on a good show.

-St. Patrick’s Day always brings back one of my favorite memories and yes it involves alcohol. One spring break in high school, I was part of a college trip to schools in the Mideast area. So on St. Paddy’s Day, we arrive at Georgetown at night, so the coeds were already feeling the spirit. I’ll never forget when a really attractive blonde came up to us and told us welcome to Georgetown and invited us to get drinks with her. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending how you look at it, our chaperones were there and made sure that we didn’t partake in the activities. However, we did get some drinks at the University of Virginia.

Oh to be 16 and drinking on college campuses. Fun times.

So even now, while I don’t partake in the St. Paddy Day festivities (just like drinking games, if you need an excuse to drink, shame on you), I still have fun memories of the events.

-Let me elaborate on that one. I don’t find interest in getting drunk on all of these holidays, whether its St. Paddy’s Day, Cinco De Mayo, Fourth of July, President’s Day, Boxing Day for my Canadian readers, or any other ones that I’m forgetting. First, you really shouldn’t be getting drunk, its overrated. Second, if you do decide to drink too much, don’t be a pussy…cat about it and just do it.

-I still haven’t filled out my NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket for several reasons. First, I’m not allowed to do one because of my job. OK, I guess that takes care of that.

Actually, I look at the bracket and make some observations about who I think will advance and stuff like that. In fact, I need to give you my analysis of how to fill out your ballot. Expect that tomorrow.

For now, I guess I’ll take Morehead State in the play-in game.

-I went to a presentation tonight and I realized that I graduate in two months. Time is flying.

-The “tapout” is still in effect, even though it gets harder to keep it in tact. I was taking care of my business as usual today when I was talking to a lady friend. I’ve been debating if I should pursue this, which would violate my “tapout” but we started talking about our activities this week. We have an event of common interest on a night in the middle of the week and I asked her if she was going to be at it. She mentioned that she was having dinner with someone that was in town for the night and wouldn’t be able to attend it. I mentioned that nothing says friendship and dating like the event and she responded that she would have gone if he wasn’t only there for the night.

And that my friends is why the “tapout” will stay in tact.

That’s it for now, its bedtime. Until later, have a good fight and a good night.

No comments: