Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Reflections

-Sorry that I haven’t blogged in the past few days. I’ve just been very busy the past few days with school and work. The past three days, I’ve attended classes, attended two volleyball matches, served as a ball boy for a women’s soccer tournament, washed clothes, helped set up a tailgate area for a football game, worked in the press box of the same football game, posted two game stories including one from the same press box, did homework (which I still need to finish) and some cooking on the side.

After the football game finished last night, I was drained. I was making the long ass walk from the stadium to my car (gotta do it for the free parking) and I just thought about my last few days and realized how lonely I was. I then proceeded to enter my car and play some of the depressing music I used to blast when I was in a really dark phase of my life.

I really don’t want to go back to that place, it wasn’t fun the first time. However, I’ve learned over time that you can’t avoid your past and you have to acknowledge it to move forward. I used to have bad days, but now I have bad moments, so that’s a step forward.

I stopped playing the music, went home, took a deep breath, had some beverages and just relaxed. Today, Sunday, I’ve just relaxed, watched some football and feel better.

Not every moment in life is going to be happy, happy, joy, joy time. Its how we deal with these down moments that makes us who we really are.

As I always say, life is full of depression and random happy moments. Cherish those happy moments, speaking of which…

-At that same football game, I was able to see my boys get a win over Rice and improve to 3-0. I’m booking my tickets for the Sugar Bowl right now! I’ll talk about it, I don’t care. Vanderbilt is doing very well right now and can finally make it to a bowl game. People like to talk about curses and karma and are like, “Marcel, don’t talk about it, you’ll jinx it.” Damn that, I believe in Jesus and that’s all I need.

-The March Towards Canton for Jay Cutler is going smoothly. Just read my NFL review on Tuesday.

-I was in the laundry mat yesterday and this annoying woman was talking loudly to the owner about the Presidential election. I was just ignoring it because similar to when people talk about sports in front of me, most of what they have to say is either incorrect or stupid. She was a little bit of both.

So I’m minding my own business and she turns to me and says that I’m more than welcome to join the conversation. Oh why thank you for the invite! I tell her that I’m not interested in talking but she badgers me asking me who I’m going to vote for and stuff like that. I really wasn’t in the mood to talk to this woman do I just tell her I’m not sure, which is stupid because this election is pretty clear cut and I do support one candidate but I wasn’t about to get into an argument with her. I ignored her the rest of the time I was there and that worked.

I hate it when random people just decide to start talking to me. I know that this is the southeast and people are friendlier down here, but I still have a little New Yorker in me. If that was back home in the NYC, I would have told her to leave me alone and walked away, but I’m softened up over the years.

-Quick MMA Review. Rashad Evans is the man and knocked the crap out of Chuck Liddell. You have to look that fight up to see what I’m talking about.

-I’m going to write a post on the changing state of Vanderbilt football, my NFL review will be Tuesday and an MMA Review for Friday. Other than that, I’ll just write about whatever. Have a good week.


2 comments:

Basher said...

Rashad absolutely laid Chuck out. He has gotta stop fighting, looks like he has lost his edge completely.

Anonymous said...

Marcel, we all know that you are votig for McCain and Palin so why don't you just come out and say it!