Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NFL Week 3 Review and the March To Canton for Jay Cutler Update



Damn it, I promised y’all a NFL Review post for Week Three, so here it is:

BTW, I’m also in a cranky mood because I lost this week in fantasy football by five frickin points. That’s thirty yards and two touchdowns! Pissed about that and now Willie Parker isn’t playing this week. This season is getting bad.

Tampa (2-1) 27, Chicago (1-2) 24 (ot)

Thoughts: Why is Brian Griese even starting for Tampa? Furthermore, why is he throwing the ball 67 times. Gruden is a sly one isn’t he. Don’t pick up Griese if you have a fantasy team. He may be on the bench next week the way Gruden rolls. Kyle Orton actually put up decent numbers and looked decent, shocking, I know.

Tennessee (3-0) 31, Houston 12 (0-2)

Thoughts: The Titans are going to be a tough out for anybody in the AFC. They do the main things well. They stop the run, run the ball well and stop the pass. The special teams is decent. Do you want to rely on Kerry Collins for a deep run, maybe not, but he’s a better alternative than Vince Young. Houston just can’t beat Tennessee. BTW, what has happened to Andre Johnson. Two years ago, I thought this guy was going to emerge as the best receiver in football not named Moss, Harrison or Owens. Now, not so much.

Vikings (1-2) 20, Carolina (2-1) 10

Thoughts: I should have seen this one coming. You have an unexpected undefeated team going into that stadium against a desperate team needing a win so bad that they dumped their starting quarterback two games in. The Vikings had to win this game. I would love to see Peterson get some more yards though. Have I mentioned how mad I am with my fantasy football team enough yet?

Baltimore (2-0) 28, Cleveland (0-3) 10

Thoughts: Well get ready for some more. Braylon Edwards, you disgust me! That is all.

Atlanta (2-1) 38, Kansas City (0-3) 14

Thoughts: Falcons at home with rookie QB, good. Falcons on road with rookie QB, not so good. Even I didn’t thing that Michael Turner would be this good so early. KC, Jesus Christmas they’re awful.

Buffalo (3-0) 24, Oakland (1-2) 23

Thoughts: Break up the Bills! I know that since I’m a Giants fan, I should dislike Buffalo because they are the true team of New York state and their fans remind me of this everytime, but I’ve always had a soft spot for Buffalo. Plus they came out with the old-school uniforms for the game.


Besides the old school San Diego uniforms, these are the best retro unis ever. They need to wear them more. Oakland is terrible too and I’m on Team Kiffin over Team Davis.

New York Giants (3-0) 26, Cincinnati (0-3) 23 (ot)

Thoughts: Good game. Manning made some amazing throws that he wouldn’t have made the early part of last season. That toss to Toomer in overtime was sweet. I still think that Dallas and unfortunately Philadelphia are better teams but the Gints are hanging in right there. At least Cincinnati showed some life on offence. Chad Johnson, are you still there?

Washington (2-1) 24, Arizona (2-1) 17

Thoughts: Washington is showing some spunk, especially Jason Campbell. He looked awful in Week 1 against the Giants but has looked solid the last two weeks. I still like Arizona overall in that weak NFC West.

Miami (1-2) 38, New England (2-1) 13

Thoughts: My favorite game of the week. To see the Patriots getting their ass kicked was awesome. I still hate those guys. It was good to see Joey Porter bust out some of his old moves from Pittsburgh, including the leg kick after a sack, I always enjoyed that one. Ronnie Brown had a career game, didn’t he? Matt Cassel isn’t the answer, Lord is he not the answer.

San Francisco (2-1) 31, Detroit (0-3) 13

Thoughts: At this stage, what does Matt Millen have to do to get fired? Get arrested? Smack a co-worker? Something needs to be done because this is pathetic. Good win for San Fran in a suddenly winnable division.

Seattle (1-2) 37, St. Louis (0-3) 13

Thoughts: Julius Jones had a good game…I saw no highlights of this one on purpose.

Denver (3-0) 34, New Orleans (1-2) 32

Thoughts: Jay isn’t going to make a complete March Towards Canton if his defense doesn’t help him. Denver is a fun team to watch because they throw the ball a lot and Brandon Marshall is a beast but they need to stop somebody. To be objective, Jay takes too many chances with some of his passes though. I’m surprised he doesn’t have more turnovers. I like what I’m seeing from Reggie Bush besides the stupid taunting celebrations he does.

Philadelphia (2-1) 15, Pittsburgh (2-1) 6

Thoughts: Willie frickin Parker! So mad at him right now. This was a physical game that has everyone hurting and showed that Philly isn’t going away if McNabb stays healthy all season. Even as a Giants fan, I would like to see McNabb perform at his peak because when he’s on, it’s a sight to see.

Jacksonville (1-2) 23, Indianapolis (1-2) 21

Thoughts: This game showed me that Tennessee can win this division. Neither team overwhelmed me. Jacksonville is going to run the ball all the time because that’s what they do best.

Dallas (3-0) 27, Green Bay (2-1) 16

Thoughts: Dallas is the best team in the NFL right now. All of you reading this know the rest.

San Diego (1-2) 48, New York Jets (1-2) 29

Thoughts: Neither team played great defense and the Chargers offence is much better.

That’s all from me. Not the best post, but if you read the one before this one, you know I’m not in the mood. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/09/video-kimbo-slices-attempt-to-kill.html

Your thoughts?