Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Reflections


Hey everyone, hope your Labor Day weekend is going well. Mine has been solid. Had to take care of some work on Friday night, but was able to see my friend Stephanie perform some songs in a performance on campus, which was great.

Saturday was all about college football. It was good to see Virginia Tech lose to East Carolina, I love to see the underdog do well. Tech may have problems, but Jesus Christmas, Clemson, what an embarrassment. They looked like crap against Alabama.

The ACC is terrible. I can throw in Maryland barely beating Delaware and Virginia looking bad against USC, but that’s not too, too bad. N.C. State stunk against South Carolina and the rest of the conference beat 1-AA teams, including my favorite ACC team, Georgia Tech.

Wake Forest may win the ACC again after all, which I’m sure some of you readers will be happy about but not the rest of America.

Vandy got a win on Thursday, so I’m happy about that. Only five more wins to go!

Today was about doing more work, taking care of the laundry and just relaxing.

With that, here are Sunday Reflections:

-The reason that I didn’t do a MMA Review on Friday is that I really didn’t have a strong desire to write something that day on it. I write what I feel and there really wasn’t much to report. However, this Saturday, there is an UFC event, so I will have a preview of the event this Friday. Sorry if you were looking forward to a Review this past Friday.

-I’m really torn on who’s the hotter politician/spouse in the Presidential Battery. It’s between Mrs. Obama and Governor Palin.

If you haven’t figured it out from this blog, I find power a very attractive attribute for a woman. Both of these women seem to have this skill in their arsenal.

With Mrs. Obama, you have a beautiful, tall black woman who has her own opinions and isn’t afraid to express them. She also seems to have the ability to be serious and funny at the same time. She seems like the type of woman that you can have an hour-long conversation about economics with and then watch Dumb and Dumber with the next. However, she seems like the type that if you crossed her, she may be less forgiving then you would like.

Governor Palin definitely has the sexy librarian thing going for her. I love the dark hair, the hair being pinned up and of course the glasses! I was talking with Watson on Saturday and she said that she would make her gorgeous by letting the hair down and taking off the glasses and I strongly disagree. The glasses have to stay.

I also like that she’s a lifetime member of the NRA because guns are hot, digs hockey and actually was once a sports broadcaster. I don’t like her abortion stance and her hate for polar bears. Look it up. The accent is also different. It’s part Canadian, part-Wisconsin with a little Idaho thrown together. Different.

I guess if I had to choose one at this moment, I would choose…

You’ll have to wait till later this week for my choice

-Some shows that I’ve gotten into this summer are premiering the next few days.

I really got into One Tree Hill, Everybody Hates Chris, Gossip Girl and The Game over the past few months. The CW plays these shows on Sunday afternoons/evenings when I’m relaxing and I gave some of them a chance and started liking them.

One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl premieres tomorrow, looking forward to that. I have no idea who Luke is going to choose to marry. However, there is one premiere on the CW that I can’t co-sign on yet.

-I will watch the return/new premiere of 90210, but I will not co-sign on it until I get a view of it. They are screwing with me bigtime if they funk up this show. 90210 was the Truth back in the day. I loved that show and I don’t know why they’re bringing it back.

Not sure about this one.

-Laura is back on General Hospital! That is all…

-We are about to enter an amazing time in sports that happens only once every four years. Here’s what we have/will experience in the months of August/September/October

1) Olympics just finished
2) NFL starts on Thursday
3) NBA Training Camp
4) MLB playoffs (don’t screw it up Mets!)
5) Start of European domestic seasons (War Arsenal!)
6) College football
7) US Open for Tennis (very underrated TV viewing)
8) Ryder Cup (It’s gonna be rough on the Americans this time)
9) NHL Training Camp
10) Mixed Martial Arts events from UFC, WEC, Elite XC and even Strikeforce

There are probably one or two more things that I’m forgetting including NASCAR if that peaks your interest. This is an amazing time to be a sports fan.

-I continue to underestimate the power of this blog. I mention one girl that I meet in passing and everyone wants to wonder if I’m making a major play for her. It wasn’t like that with Maria, even though reading the post again may have made it seem like that. She’s a new friend that I’ve made and nothing more or less. I’m not going to post every interaction that I have with her or any other girl here because she and I deserve some privacy of some form.

I appreciate each of your interest in the personal life and I put stuff out there for you to consume, I just need to be a little more careful with what I put out there. I’m not blaming any one of you at all. If anything, I’m blaming myself.

I just need to make sure I keep some stuff private sometimes.

That doesn’t mean I’m not going to give my honest opinions on things anymore. I’ll just pick my spots more.

-Classes are going well. I’m happy to be back learning again.

-I think Alabama just rushed for another first down against Clemson.

-I’m flipping through channels right now and noticing some things.

a) Extreme Home Makeover will make me cry in a minute.
b) Love Family Guy, don’t like American Dad
c) Wow, that crowd for the NASCA race looks light. If there is one sport that has been hit heard by the bad economics and high gas prices, it’s definitely NASCAR.
d) Hurricane Gustav scares me and brings back so many bad memories of Katrina. I pray for everyone out there.
e) The original Star Trek is some trippy stuff.
f) The Honeymooners is still worth a viewing whenever it’s on
g) Colorado/Colorado State is an underrated college football rivalry.
h) I have no interest in Sunday Night baseball on ESPN, even when the Mets are playing
i) So, BET is showing Scarface on a Sunday night, interesting, while this afternoon they were showing some interesting political programming on the Presidential Election when less people were probably watching then now.

I know that BET is pro-Obama, yeah, I know shocking, but at least it’s a step in the right direction to educate people on the issues. Why aren’t they showing that stuff now instead of Scarface which all of the viewers have probably seen already. Get it together BET!
j) Why does Puffy act all hard on Making the Band show on MTV when he’s so overrated. I’m tired of seeing you Puffy! You have no career if not for Biggie. Make some more poor saps walk across New York to get some cheesecake, idiot!
k) Gene Simmons’ Family Jewels show is a guilty pleasure for me at times.
l) I think that the Weather Channel secretly digs these hurricanes because more people watch the station, which means higher ratings, more money, etc. There’s also something weird about watching hurricane coverage and you’re no where near it.
m) The E! channel always brings the entertainment. Currently on is the 25 Most Memorable Swimsuit Moments and the entire show of Baywatch is in the top-five.
n) Oh, Baywatch. I miss that show.
o) M.A.S.H., never got the show. I guess I had to watch it when it was on TV and there were only three or four channels on TV to truly appreciate it.
p) Comedy Central is showing a Dane Cook special. He’s ok at times, but just like Jim Rome, I need to get him in small doses or he becomes annoying.
q) Iron Chef, fun times. I prefer the Japanese version better.
r) Pro Bull Riding, no thanks. I respect those guys getting on those bulls because I would want no part of that. I would rather race a car then get on one of those bulls, because I can control the car. That bull can just go off on me.

-That’s all. Here’s what’s coming up this week:

Monday: My MLB Review
Tuesday: My NFL Preview
Wednesday: The Mrs. Obama vs. Governor Palin debate will be settled
Thursday: Freestyle
Friday: MMA Review
Saturday: Wildcard
Sunday: Reflections

Have a good week and keep those affected by Gustav in your prayers tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't leave out Cindy McCain! She's got some age, but beauty is beauty.