Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Reflections



What’s going on everyone, its time for Sunday Reflections!

-This weekend has been interesting. I saw my friend Joel get his diploma from my graduate school on Friday night and that was a good experience. I’ll be in his position in May getting my degree and I’m looking forward to that opportunity.

It made me thinking about the fact that I’ll be done with school in less than a year. I’m happy with my progress and I’ve learned some things. However, there are things that I want to improve on and learn about that I haven’t done yet. This is the opportunity for me to take advantage of and I need to do that more.

Most importantly, the graduation food was outstanding! Feed me and I'm a happy boy.

-I opened up my blog for other writers to contribute and have gotten one or two responses. Hopefully some of those posts will start appearing on the blog. Joan is one of them. I’m looking forward to that. Speaking of Joan…

-Just kidding! There will hopefully be no more over-analytical posts about Joan like some of my past ones, which were interesting to say the least.

We interacted with each other this week and hopefully I helped her through some stuff she’s dealing with. She's been documented on this blog way more than I expected, the last post is here: http://pourtoutpancakes.blogspot.com/2008/07/sunday-reflections-sunday-reflections.html

It’s an odd feeling to really care about a woman as a friend and naturally want to take it to another level because that seems right but you know that there are reasons that it can’t go there yet you’re not mad because she needs you as a friend more than as a boyfriend.

Ok, I’ve been typing and retyping for 20 minutes how to discuss this without boring all of you. I’ll just say that at first I was into her for the physical reasons, because she is beautiful, especially this week when I saw her. I was speechless when she entered the room. It was the same when I first met her, which I still remember. God, that’s lame. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I’ve developed more then just mere feelings for her, I actually care about her very much on an emotional level after this week, which I wasn’t planning on. I thought I was completely over her romantically, but I guess not.

I’m not going to screw up our friendship by doing something stupid, because I care about that too much. I’m still interested in other women without a doubt because I’m not in a relationship with her and she's in a relationship. I’ll work it out.

-I’ve been all over the Olympics! I was up until 2 a.m. Friday night watching Judo online. I’ve also been watching team handball, field hockey (underrated by the way) fencing and weightlifting. I’ve been watching the swimming and rowing and liking it on NBC. Surprisingly, I love soccer but haven’t been checking it out that much.

Sports like basketball, tennis and other secular sports can be checked out later on. When am I going to check out team handball again?

Right now, I’m trying to watch gymnastics and I’m not feeling it.

If you read my preview, you notice that I don’t like any of the sports that consists of a judge, accept for maybe judo, which doesn’t consist of a judge but a referee to interpret some rules.

I just can’t accept someone judging another person and determining the score.

And I know some of you are reading this and saying, Etienne Marcel, you like mixed martial arts and there are judges in that. True, but that’s only if the fight makes the maximum rounds. There are plenty of chances for the fight to end in ways controlled by the fighters like knockouts and submissions. Divers and gymnasts don’t have this chance.

I respect the athletes, I just don’t dig the operation of their sports. It’s good seeing Bela Karoli on the TV though. I thought he still coached the women gymnasts. I want his mustache.

-Speaking of martial arts, I saw UFC 87 on Saturday and like what I saw. Georges St. Pierre is a beast. You will get more analysis on Friday in MMA Review.

-That’s all from me this week. I’m not going to have a big post schedule this week because I may have to head to Georgia to take care of some family stuff.

Tomorrow, I’ll have my baseball predictions review for August. Tuesday, I’ll clean out some links. After that, I don’t know. Have a good week everybody.

I’ll leave you with some tips on self-defense from my main man, MMA legend, El Guapo Bas Rutten. If you think he’s acting odd in the clip for theatrics, he isn’t. Guapo always acts like that. Funny stuff.

No comments: