Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Reflections (MMA Review Edition)



This weekend was a good time for mixed martial arts with two major events taking place.

I’ll get to this more on Friday with my MMA review, but I’ll give you a quick review.

I saw the entire UFC Fight Night, which was a decent event. Anderson Silva did what was expected by defeating James Irwin. Silva did look thicker as a light heavyweight, but he really looked the same. The scary thing about Anderson is that he was a super huge middleweight and a solid sized light heavyweight. If he wants to stay at 205, he definitely can.

Brandon Vera is one of my favorite fighters, so I was disappointed in his performance. He got the win, but you can tell that even he knew that his performance was sub-par.

The rest of the fights were ok. I’ll give you more Friday.

I didn’t see the Affliction card, but I did go to my sources and saw the Fedor/Sylvia fight. Not much here to say but Fedor won.

I’ll see the rest of the fights by Friday and have more info in my MMA review.

Until then, here’s are two video montages of MMA action.



No comments: