Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!



Happy Canada Day out there to you Canadians!

I know that this post was on July 2 and not the official say, July 1, but cut me a break.

Details on Canada Day here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Day

Anyway, I’ve always been fascinated with Canadians. They’ve given us Americans ice hockey, good beer, a good free healthcare plan to hopefully use one day (hopefully Obama can work that into his future presidency) and many other joys over the years.

Also, tons of beautiful women. Pamela Anderson gets most of the pub, but there are tons of others, including Trish Stratus, Nelly Furtado, Kristin Kreuk (pictured above and solid bench contributor on my top-five team), Deborah Cox and many, many others. A website lists them here: http://cuzoogle.com/2008/05/18/celebrating-a-canadian-holiday/

On the men’s side, we have Wayne Gretzky, Steve Nash and my childhood hockey icon, Mark Messier (also pictured above).

So, pick up a case of Labat Blue or Molson and celebrate the country’s birth in style. Here are two of my favorite Canadian music artists, Nickelback not included. BTW, Rush was sick live the time I saw them in Atlanta. Besides Sting, Geddy Lee is the reason that I play bass. That's real talk. Enjoy!








No comments: