Saturday, June 28, 2008

...So I'm at the bar (this is a positive post, I promise)


This was supposed to be my first drunk post in the grand tradition of the drunk dial or the new popular drunk text message, but I’ve sobered up through the evening or early morning.

This is definitely the latest post that I’ve ever done.

I just got back from a night out in Nashville with my boys and a lady friend. We went to several places downtown including McFadden’s and ended the evening at my favorite reflective place, Tin Roof.

The reason that I call it my favorite reflective place is that I always think of post topics there, like this one. But I have to hit on some things first:

-The ladies of Nashville are outstanding. I saw some amazing women out there with all types of looks. Big, small, black, white, blond, brunette, big butts, small butts, strong upper bodies, small upper bodies and everything in between. The scenery was great.

-It was good to hear some good dance/rap music. I usually stick to my hard rock/progressive music; however, it was good to hear some jams blasting in the club. That Justin Timberlake/Madonna song Four Minutes is the truth.

-I honestly have no idea how to approach women, at least in a bar. I’m a social guy and can hold a good conversation but I need to get a start. There are two problems with bars in this area. One, the music is way, way too loud. I hate having to shout over people to have a conversation. Second, you women travel in packs and that’s intimidating as hell. I would see one girl who was cute and seemed nice; however she would be around two or three of her friends and would be shielding her off from everyone. How am I supposed to penetrate that fortress?

Finally, towards the end of the night, we head over to Tin Roof and just see all of the hot girls there and wondering to myself, what do I really want from women currently in my life.

I feel so confused right now in many things in my life. I’ve had a mini-career crisis professionally. Actually, that sounds too harsh. I love my current job, but once I graduate from grad school next May, I have to find another one and I have a lot of potential options. I’ll save that issue for another post.

For now, I don’t know what I want from women now. Do I want to just have a sexual relationship with them? I do have physical needs that I would like to seen met. When I see a beautiful woman, I do want to have “relations” with her.

BTW, I sound like a parent trying to explain sex to a little child or a really religious person that doesn’t want to say sex.

Anyway, I would like to have sex with women. However, I just don’t want to meet some girl in a bar and hook up with her the same night. That’s not only dirty; it’s unhealthy, immature and just bad times.

So I know that I don’t want a dirty girl, that’s for sure.

I’ve written in the past that I would like to develop a friendship with a woman before anything physical went down. I still believe in that, for the most part.

I think the problem is that all of the women that I’ve confronted in the past few months each have their own quirks. Let’s break them down:

Brittany- Old friend from back home in the NYC. Care about her very much, but she’s there and I’m in Nashville. We communicate, but the distance means that we can’t date.

Alicia- Old friend from college who currently lives in Atlanta. Nice woman who I vibe with well. However, one mini-problem is that she lives in Atlanta and one major problem is that she allegedly has a boyfriend of over a year, even though she said we could hang out whenever I’m back in town.

Amber- Oh, Amber. Well, let’s see. She’s actually one of the more chill girls that I’ve met in a while, easy to talk with, digs and understands my career and is beautiful. Plus, she has a cool nickname, “Workout Girl,” and someone that everyone asks about when they mention my blog. However, she’s dating someone back in her hometown.

Joan- This one is an interesting case. I really, really like her. Joan has every characteristic in a woman that I would like to date from looks, interests and everything in between. She’s a big sports fan and likes Family Guy. I feel the most connected with her out of anybody and we’re compatible. What more could I need? She’s become a good friend over the past few months. However, she’s in a very serious relationship and I don’t want to mess with that because it’s not my place. She knows how I feel.

Lisa- She was the potential hot roommate from a while ago. I haven’t heard from her in a while.

That’s the breakdown. I just wish that for one time, I could just meet a girl, we each like each others company, and we date, develop a friendship, the physical stuff takes care of itself and go from there.

But I can’t force it. I’ve actually started this process the past week or so. While I would try to talk to each of these women every few days, I’ve stopped communicating with pretty much all of them unless I see them around. I need to create distance.

The good and bad thing about me is that I don’t attract potential prospects for a one-night hookup. I’ve never met one girl in my life that was immediately attracted to me and wanted to fool around. I guess that I’m not attractive enough for that, but I also know that I’m not ugly.

The thing that gets me is that I see jerks that are ugly, mean and can’t hold a conversation pulling women.

I’m a good looking guy, well educated, funny, smart, and easy to get along with, so what’s the issue? I get along with pretty much everybody and am friendly.

That may be the problem, I’m too friendly. Furthermore, my cousin told me that I’m too passive when it comes to women. She tells me that women want a man who takes charge and is aggressive. I’m very laid back and let things just flow, which may be an issue.

I just don't feel the pressure to hook up most of the time. However, the urge does come about at times.

That’s all for me, its time for bed, but I have two questions for you to help me out with. You can leave your answers in the comments section or just tell me when you see me around.

1) How do I pick up/meet women at a bar/club?
2) What can I do to meet/have more success with women right now in general?

For now, here’s the Four Minutes song I mentioned earlier.


No comments: