Thursday, June 5, 2008

My NBA Finals Prediction




I’ll make this prediction quick and dirty, that’s what she said. Ha! Anyway, the Lakers and Celtics go at it in the NBA Finals. Feel the excitement people.

I’m looking forward to this series because I haven’t watched the constant media coverage of this series. I’ve read maybe two or three articles about it and have avoided ESPN because they kill any excitement with over coverage.

I learned from watching the Stanley Cup finals this past week that the less I know, the more I enjoy it.

Working in the sports industry is fine and I love sports, but I get burnt out over it often. I need some distance and just watching the hockey games between Detroit and Pittsburgh without the over-coverage was a delight.

Lakers in six. The key will be the bench play and the coaching. Doc Rivers scares me.

I was watching Two and a Half Men doing this post, but I also stumbled upon some old NBA footage on YouTube.

Here’s are Games Five and Game Six of the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals between the Knicks and the Bulls or as I call it, “The moment I learned to hate the Bulls and declared Jordan the greatest of all-time.”

I still hate the Bulls to this day, but Respect.

Enjoy the series.



No comments: