Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Random Observations



Hey everyone, time to start blogging. I don’t have anything in general to write about so I’ll hit on some general things.

I’m trying a new tradition of enjoying a drink at the end of a long day. Its something that I’ve seen the older men in my life, uncles, stepfathers, etc. do and they look distinguished and who doesn’t want to look distinguished

Tonight its some Jack Daniels and diet coke, which sounds good in principle. I’m halfway through it now and I must say that it may be time to reevaluate this one. I’m always open to suggestions. Maybe some juice and rum or vodka. Beer? Malt Liquor? The options are endless.

Music to listen to: Since You’ve Been Wrong by The Mars Volta



My boys released their fifth studio album today. I’m mad that I wasn’t able to attend Bonnaroo this year because I didn’t get tickets which actually ended up being a good thing because I had to go to my grandfather’s funeral that weekend anyway and wouldn’t have been able to see them anyway.

I’m in the middle of my first listen of the album now and you will get a review of it at some point. Above is the first single from the album. I like the direction the band is taking from first listen.


Crush of the Day: Ali Landry

I watched the first episode of the latest installment of Superstars on ABC tonight and was reminded of the hotness that is Ali Landry.

The thing that I will always remember about her was when she was dating A.C. Slater aka Mario Lopez, they got engaged and he proceeded to cheat on her at the bachelor party.

First, I’ve never been with someone as hot as Ali. Heck, the girls I kick it with now, most of them aren’t even in her league so no sympathy towards Mario from that end. Second, if you’re going to cheat on your girl, especially your fiancée, you have to do it in a classier way than at the frickin bachelor party. I’ve never cheated on a girl, don’t condone it but can understand how someone can be placed in a compromising position, etc. However, if you’re going to step out on your lady, keep it classy.

OK, that went to a place that was unexpected but I’m winging it here and that’s what happens. Let’s move on and enjoy Ali’s beauty.

-Superstars on ABC. I’m sold. If for anything, seeing Terrell Owens get told off tonight was worth it. Furthermore, whenever you have Dan Cortese involved in anything, I’m going to give it a chance.

-I think that David Price just gave up another run tonight against the Phillies. My goodness, he got rocked tonight.

I’m biased towards David because he is a Commodore and is probably the second-most famous Vandy athlete out there. Cutler is currently in first. Furthermore, he’s a good, local guy with an enjoyable demeanor. What I’m trying to say is that unless he pulls an O.J. or something else as crazy, I’m going to be on his side.

However, I need to take a backseat on this one for a moment. I was telling the Rays from spring training this year to let David be the top-line starting pitcher at the major league level from the beginning. I didn’t see why they were starting him in the minor leagues at the start of the year.

However, this is all part of the process of developing him into a top-line pitcher. I’m not saying that giving up a lot of runs against Philly tonight means that he’s a lost cause. If anything, it shows us that he is still developing and needs time. All of us need to temper our expectations of him.

-I’m going to do an NBA Draft preview tomorrow night in preparations for Thursday night. But real quick, now does Richard Jefferson end up on the Spurs?

-Message to Perez Hilton. If you talk as much crap as you do, you’re going to get smacked. Stop bitching. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, be fortunate that you don’t get wrapped up in gossip.

Shoot, right now, I’m watching the TMZ TV show. I don’t know what it is about these shows. A grown man watching this stuff. Shame on me.

-I’ve been enjoying the College World Series tremendously the past week. Game one of the Championship Series between Texas and LSU may have been the best played college baseball game that I’ve ever seen between the execution, passion and general play.

One more thing. I was chatting with my buddy Chris who is a huge LSU fan during the game and we’ve decided that we need to work at a place like Texas or LSU at least once in our career because it looks like too much fun.

Furthermore, if you’re a coach at either one of those schools and you can’t win and I don’t care what sport it is, water polo, track, softball, football, basketball, etc. You need to be fired. You have no excuse between the level of recruited athletes, facilities, money, fan bases, “talent” to lure the athletes, etc.

-How frustrating is it when you’re watching a show like Law and Order or CSI (whatever version or city of your choice) and you’re into it at the beginning and then change the channel, forget that you were watching the episode, turn back about 30 minutes later and feel completely lost? Just happened tonight with CSI: New York on Spike just now. Darn.

Are ya’ll still with me. I’m only halfway done.

-I got roped into watching a marathon of College Hill on BET. Not good.

-Didn’t do a good job of watching US Open golf tournament this weekend. I think between the weather delays and just zoning out, I give myself about a 2 out of 10.

-So John and Kate are divorcing. I hope that they just go away and someone takes care of those kids.

-I have no interest in seeing Transformers 2 but will eventually see it in about three weeks when the hype has died down.

OK, I was going to go for about six more paragraphs but am holding back.

So tomorrow, expect an NBA Draft preview.

On Thursday, I’ll touch on USA soccer and why Hank Basket is an idiot.

On Friday, MMA Review is going to return darn it and probably a commentary on the state of late night TV.

Later.

1 comment:

Al_Roker said...

"However, if you’re going to step out on your lady, keep it classy."

Yeah, it's always real *&%^(*&% classy to cheat on "your lady."

When is it classy to cheat on your lady? Yeah, good one.