Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Reflections












Hey everyone, its been a long time since I’ve posted on my Blog. In fact, this may be the longest layoff that I’ve ever had between posts.

There are several reasons for this. First…

OK, quick rant. In the past two nights, I’ve seen on cable TV all three Jackass movies (I’m counting Jackass 2.5 as a separate movie) and now the Spike Man’s Choice Awards.

Earmuffs or blindfolds for the children out there…

In all of those occasions, the word shit has been said uncensored, yet when they try to say fuck or dick, it gets beeped out. What’s up with that.

I don’t like censorship and don’t get offended with the words but how does that pass? Discuss.

Some business:

Music to listen to: Tonto by The Battles



I was turned on to their music after hearing the band mentioned on the listening list of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, the lead guitarist and music composer of The Mars Volta, only the greatest band ever, during one of his interviews. I looked up some of their work and liked it. Enjoy.


Crush of the Day: Keri Hilson

I caught her new video with Kanye West and Ne-yo, “Knock You Down,” and not only is it an excellent song, she looks excellent in it as well.

Some background on Keri. She was born in 1982, so she fits my age requirement. Remember, 10 years older and five years younger. Born in Decatur, Georgia and attended Emory University, so she isn’t a dumbass. All of this is good news because when we get married, we can move to Atlanta to be closer to both of our families.

Actually, she’s going to have to battle out Ciara and Maria Menunos for the honor of being Mrs. Pourtout. Tough battle.

Anyway, last weekend, I was in Georgia and South Carolina dealing with family business. Then this past week, I was finishing up my last official week at work and actually had no desire to write.

The original plan was for me to take this upcoming week off from writing but since I kinda took that week off already, expect a return to daily or semi-daily content on Pourtout Pancakes.

Honestly, I did want to write about some stuff but for once I showed discretion because the content would have been potentially depressing about subjects like children and marriage and the Peoples’ Champion doesn’t like to read that type of stuff.

This past week was interesting because I was able to spend time with the fam back in Georgia, which is always good. My nieces and nephews are growing up so much. I’ll probably write about them a little further later this week.

Everytime I see them in Georgia, I don’t want to leave them, especially my niece. I nearly cried when I had to say goodbye to her.

When you combine that with my final week of work at Belmont, spending time with the Peoples’ Champion’s son, Irish, and just life in general, it was an emotional week.

I really have nothing else for now, just wanted to get something on the Blog before some of you forget it exists.

One more thing, yes, the new Blog will be launched but will take place next week. You will know plenty about it in due time.

Until then, good fight and good night everyone.

No comments: