Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Reflections





What’s going on everyone. I guess its time for my Sunday Reflections

Music to Listen to: Is it Because I’m Black by Syl Johnson



I finished the second season of the Boondocks and this song was featured in the Uncle Ruckus Reality Show episode. True soul song.

I don’t have much to report from this weekend. I watched a lot of WWE wrestling because of my job in TNA and that wasn’t too bad. Its always intriguing to see your competitor at work from a different light. One of my responsibilities at TNA Wrestling relates to the licensing department and our advertisers. What this means is that I will now look at which companies are advertising or sponsoring WWE-related shows and how it relates to my company. I like having the chance to look beyond the matches and truly analyze the product.

Saturday was lax for me because I worked the Vanderbilt vs. Ole Miss game, which was good. For this contest, I worked with the ESPN crew in the booth and that was enjoyable seeing the production from that side of things. I actually learned some things about TV production, can’t complain about that. Unfortunately Vandy lost but that happens.

After the game, I got home around 11 p.m. so I watched some TV and went to bed. Today was not too exciting, I did some laundry.

However, at the laundry mat, I saw this cute looking couple that looked happy together. They were in their early 20’s and that made me think about my lack of a girlfriend and that was sad for a moment. I’m currently experiencing a period of loneliness in the dating department so when I see a happy couple together, my natural reaction is to internalize it towards myself and that’s where the sad moment comes in.

I’ve intentionally kept a lot of personal stuff off of the Blog in the past few months because looking back at my old posts, I exposed a lot of things about myself, which isn’t bad but I need to keep some things private.

I will say that it’s been a struggle adjusting to my new situation. I have a new job, which I like, but anytime you’re new to somewhere, there’s an adjustment period you have to go through which I’m still experiencing. I’m also trying to enter the next phase of my life, which is now my post-grad school period. Some of my closest friends aren’t in Nashville anymore, I do have some friends still here but the dynamics are different. I’m not in school anymore so ironically, I have more free time and I’m not used to that.

For many, the chance to come home after work and relax would be a nice option but for the past three years, I worked about 60 hours a week between having a full-time job, being a sports information director which includes weekend work and going to school full-time as well. Doing all of these activities occupied my time and minimized my socializing and now I feel this intense desire to make up for lost time.

But after work, I just want to come home and sleep, which adds to the isolation and loneliness, making the cycle continue more.

I think its time for me to break out of this rut. I used to be highly involved in community service back in New York and haven’t done anything of that caliber in years. I think that would occupy my time and more importantly, contribute some positivity to people less fortunate than me.

Also, despite the fact that I don’t talk about it much in this forum, I do have a strong spiritual side and that’s been lacking in my life as well. I don’t know what’s going to happen with that, it’s in God’s hands, but that’s something that I would like to take aim at as well.

Also, I’m going to learn French and play guitar darn it! Maybe do both at the same time!

OK, enough about me. I’ll work through this. Some quick-fire observations to ride home with:

-Rough times if you’re a Vandy football fan. I see maybe one more win on the rest of the schedule, two max, meaning a three to four win season. The offense has many problems.

-The Titans’ postseason hopes are over and their’s nothing any of us can do about it.

-I’ve given The Cleveland Show two chances and I haven’t been impressed. The show gets one more chance next week before I change the channel.

-I got roped into watching the Real World/Road Rules Challenge on MTV and it’s on. I tell myself every year that I’m too old to be watching this but darn it, when I saw Tonya, Kenny, Evan, Wes, Cyrus and even Veronica, I couldn’t change the channel.

-Yankees vs. Cardinals, that’s my World Series prediction. I actually may watch that one.

Have a good fight and a good night peoples.

No comments: