Thursday, October 8, 2009

NFL Picks: Week Five



Time for the NFL Picks

Music to Listen to: 24’s by T.I.



This has become the Behind the Music section of my Blog. I had Bobby Brown while his special was on VH1 and now T.I. gets the honor. I remember when I first heard this back in 2003 down here in Nashville and knew that T.I. would be a star.

Interesting week in the NFL last week, here’s my prospective, perspective and prognostication of all things:

Minnesota (-10) ST. LOUIS: Under normal circumstances, I would take the Rams to at least cover the spread after the Vikings had an emotional win at home over the Packers, and then you consider that the Vikings are on a short week. But the Rams are terrible. They got shut out by San Francisco. People talk about how bad Cleveland is, and they stink too, but the Rams are making an equally terrible run of football.

BTW, thoroughly enjoying my World Series pick in the National League being down 0-2 in their division series. Get it together Cardinals.

Dallas (-8) KANSAS CITY: I know, I know, Dallas is not very good and at a point of implosion, explosion and disaster but once again, Kansas City is terrible.

What’s up with the state of the NFL teams in Missouri?

CAROLINA (-3.5) Washington: Crappy first three games of the week.

I’ve always said that I have no sympathy for fans of a bad team because you can always stop cheering for them and not put yourself though the negative emotions. This really came about last year when I said that I didn’t have any care for Lions fans last year. However, I may have to change that with the Redskins.

My theory was based on if your team had a bad coach, bad players, even a bad president. However, I haven’t accounted for an owner.

I thought about the odd scenario of what if an incompetent owner like Dan Snyder owned the New York Giants, my favorite team since childhood. That would be a problem.

The problem with owners is that despite the fact that you may detest them, they aren’t going anywhere.

Tampa (+15) PHILADEPHIA: The Michael Vick experiment is not going to end well and this week is the start of it.

Oakland (+14.5) NEW YORK GIANTS: Raiders are bad but Manning is hobbled and the Giants’ defense is banged up as well.

BUFFALO (-6) Cleveland: What about Braylon Edwards getting into a fight with LeBron James’ boy at a bar and gets traded the next day. Love the power.

Cincinnati (+8.5) BALTIMORE: Like Baltimore but the open loving for them by everyone needs to take a notch down. I think the ‘Natti makes this game close.

DETROIT (+10.5) Pittsburgh: Why aren’t people making a bigger deal of Detroit blowing the Central to the Twins?

SAN FRANCISCO (-2.5) Atlanta: I was going to talk about the lack of knowledge of Michael Crabtree and his terrible holdout but everyone is doing it for me. I think that he can actually make a positive contribution to the team.

New England (-3) DENVER
Houston (+5.5) ARIZONA

SEATTLE (PK) Jacksonville: Who made this line? I know that Jacksonville looked good against Tennessee but do you really trust them on the road across the country? Didn’t think so.

Indianapolis (-3.5) TENNESSEE: Titans keep it close at first and then lose by two touchdowns by the end.

MIAMI (+1.5) New York Jets: Upset of the week.

Last week: 7-7
Season: 13-15
Money left: $1,400

No comments: